Thursday, February 12, 2009

Gymboree sale & monogrammed cuteness

Heather called me a few days ago to tell me that Gymboree is currently having a big sale. I'd hoped to be finished with my doctor's appointment in time to stop by there yesterday, but that didn't work out. However, Lane's parents came through town this afternoon to see the kids, so I was able to go today (thank you Grammy & Bobba). It was refreshing to see all the spring colors in the little girls' clothes--they had lots of bright, cheerful things (I guess I was in a "yellow" mood today!?). Crosby got two cute little sleepers, one with baseballs, one with elephants. Rhett got shorts and polos. I especially love the light blue one because his eyes look extra blue when he wears this color (just like Lane's). When I got home, the kids met me at the door and were excited to see that I had something for them. They both stripped down in the living room and started trying on things to show Grammy & Bobba--it was funny!
Lane had a late night of studying for a test, so I picked up Chick-fil-A and dropped it by his office for him on my way home from the mall. Then I stopped by one more store to pick up two items I'd left for monogramming:

1) C's suitcase that Mo & Granddad gave him for Christmas--we're all ready for trips now!2) And his stocking--we're ready for Christmas 2009 (actually, I'm FAR from ready for another holiday season), but I'm glad to have this done so it will be ready when I unpack the boxes from the attic next winter.
And more personalized goodies...this sweet package arrived in the mail today from my friend, Heather. I just loved it all: a receiving blanket, onesie and bib. Thank you so much, Heather! I can't wait for him to use all of these things. Not long now!

6 comments:

Jacquie said...

Kayla and I shopped for my neice's new baby at Gymboree last weekend. They have SUCH cute stuff!!

I love all the monogrammed items. The light blue and white is so cute together.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Sorry it has taken me so long to get caught up on LIFE. We are still a little crazy here, but hopefully on our way to a rhythm in our day. I'm so glad Alexee is feeling better. Way to go on monogramming Crosby's stocking. You'll be so thankful come next December's holiday madness. BTW, Kelly's blog has been so meaningful to me lately. Ironically, I was talking with an American friend who also lives in China & she reads Kelly's blog too, but she's never met Kelly. Then, I noticed that Sherry was reading Kelly's blog too. & I just had to cry for the miracle that Harper is!

Pigtails & Pearls said...

I love that stuff! Seeing baby stuff like that makes me thing that having another would not be so bad!!!

The Jennings said...

Thanks for posting the Gymboree sale. I went there today and got Ramsey a few things.

Gretchan

Leigh Ann said...

I bet if we compared closets, our kids would have the same clothes. Ha! I missed those very cute camo shorts for Evan though. I may have to go back for those. I have to be careful and hide new clothes from EG. Evan doesn't care, but EG would insist wearing her new lime green swimsuit in February if she saw it. Ha! LOVING all the monogrammed cuteness for Crosby! It won't be long now and he'll be in that onesie! Can't wait!

Heather said...

Love the kids new spring clothes and C's stocking & suitcase. Thanks for posting a pic of the gift...I love seeing the finished product!!