I'm having trouble publishing the whole album of birthday party pictures, so I'm going to post just a few here and do the party album as soon as possible. I have a call in to tech support, but he (Lane) is currently watching the Superbowl. :)
Alexee's party was fun. I love thinking about her party and planning the invitations, cake, buying flowers, etc. I guess she was too excited about the party to take a nap yesterday (not what I'd planned for), but she was in a great mood and seemed to thoroughly enjoy her big day!
Sadly, the terrible ice storm in north Arkansas prevented my parents and grandparents from coming here, so we really missed them (they have been without power for a week tomorrow). Having a birthday event this time of year (in Arkansas) will always face potential weather problems...it iced the night before Alexee was born, too! We were so happy to have Lane's family and my sister & her family and A's friend, Lindy, though. Thank you all for coming to celebrate with us.
I promise to post more photos soon, but here are just a few of the table and the birthday gal:
(I liked the Strawberry Lemonade Punch--see 1/29 post for recipe--and others seemed to like it too. Warning: it will stain white tablecloths though!)
Blue Cake Company did a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing and a fondant fairy and fondant polka dots to match the invitation. I thought it turned out cute, and it tasted great!
I also ordered vanilla cupcakes with strawberry icing:
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Alexee........




13 comments:
Wish we were able to come! It all looks great. Love the plate you painted.
This is soo sweet Jamie! What a precious little girl you have!
Wish we could have been there. Everything looks beautiful. Happy Birthday Alexee!!
Love the theme! Too cute! Happy b'day Alexee!!!
Mel, Lee and Ella
Happy Birthday, Alexee, even if it's a little bit late. I'm sure MO and Grandad really wanted to be there.
We've spent the last 2 afternoons cutting broken and downed limbs, and just have a small dent in the cleaning process. Like your mom & dad, we still don't have power, but we have a big generator! A gorgeous, big, green hunk of machinery!
SO cute! Happy Birthday Alexee!
Gretchan
I found your blog from Kelly's korner, I love reading yours! Your kids are too cute.) I just started bloging, lots of FUN. You have givin me lots of Bday ideas. my lil' man will be one this week. Thanks for sharing.
Happy Birthday! The cake looks awesome and your kids are too cute!
I cannot wait to see the rest of the album. It looked adorable!!!
Jamie, The pictures of Alexee's birthday are so good. Can't wait to see the whole album. So sorry your parents didn't get to come. The storm was really bad. Steve just called to tell me we still don't have power at our house either.
Harper is doing good. We hope to get everything done this week and start for home. We'll see......
The party looks perfect!!! I lOVE Alexee in her dress!!!! That cake is perfect (love that you got her red velvet and are continuing the tradition!!!)
Happy birthday to one precious girl!!!
Looks amazing friend...she looks so cute and happy!! Happy 2nd Birthday sweet Alexee.
What a precious party for a precious girl. All the decorations were adorable!
Post a Comment