Saturday, February 7, 2009

A hint of spring

We had a beautiful, warm day here today--it was so nice! A little reminder that spring is just around the corner! Rhett and I spent a lot of time outside this afternoon. He rode his Big Wheel, bike, scooter, climbed the Japanese Maple tree, filled up his water guns and had me time him running from our mailbox to the neighbors' box (in his cowboy boots). I enjoyed sitting on a blanket in the sunshine, writing a few letters, looking at a new magazine that arrived in the mail today and watching Rhett play.





Unfortunately, sweet Alexee didn't get to play outside today because she came down with the stomach bug last night. :( She was napping while we were outside. When she was awake, she wanted to be held. She fell asleep on my lap even after her nap, which she hasn't done since she was probably 3 weeks old--she NEVER sits still long enough to fall asleep anywhere except her bed. I felt so bad for her. I pray she's much better in the morning. She was uncomfortable all day and couldn't even keep liquids down.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

I am sorry Alexee is so sick. You look GREAT!

The Keltons said...

I hope Alexee is feeling much better soon. Looks like Rhett had a fun day. We had a nice day outside too. I can't wait for spring.

Anonymous said...

Poor girl. I hope she gets better soon. Glad you and Rhett enjoyed the sunshine!

Flo and Grace said...

Poor little girl! Although, I must admit. At that age, I secretly enjoyed them being sick - a little - because they actually DID let you hold them! : ) Horrible! Hope she feels better soon.

The Milams said...

1. I'll be expecting a letter in the mail.:)
2. So sorry for alexee. Hope she is better very soon!
3. Praying you don't get the bug, or anyone else in your house!!
4. Miss you...we will talk at some point this week!!!

In His Army said...

I hope little sweetie is feelingn better when she wakes up. I can't stand to think about her feeling so yucky. Love you guys.