I'm now on a two week schedule for my OB visits, and they didn't have an appointment available on Alexee's school day so she went with me this time. It might have actually made it go faster--I think they were trying to hurry up and get us out of there. I took a stack of books and a bag of snacks and juice, and she was really good. She didn't want to talk to the nurse, and at first she didn't want to look at or talk to Dr. B, but after he complimented her cute shoes, she started liking him (he has three daughters, so I guess he knows what to talk about). Thankfully, everything seems fine at this point in the pregnancy (34+ weeks). We heard his hearbeat and everything else is right on target. I asked him how to know when it's time to go to the hospital if I start having contractions at home (I've been induced both times before, and he said we could do that again around week 39 if C doesn't decide to come early). I have a small fear of going into labor, it moving very quickly and not being able to reach Lane at school during one of his tests or something! Rhett could probalby handle driving me to the hospital--he has an excellent sense of direction--but I'd really like for Lane to be present!
Here we are waiting for the doctor to come in. It's weird for me to think that Alexee won't be the "baby" of the family in about five short weeks. Of course I still think of her and Rhett both as my "babies", and always will, but she'll probably seem so grown up once Crosby arrives. I know Rhett seemed so much older when we brought Alexee home from the hospital.
Speaking of growing up, it's time to have A's 2 year portrait made. I cherish the portrait we have of Rhett at that age, and look forward to hanging Alexee's beside his. He wore khaki pants, a blue button-down shirt and a little sweater vest in his picture. I stopped by a children's clothing store yesterday and snapped a few pictures of dress possibilities for her. I wanted Lane to vote. I think I like either the plain white one or the white one with pink at the top. What do you think?
Lane voted for this one:
Will I regret not doing pink, since I'm going to have a house full of boys?
This yellow one is very sweet, but should I stick to basics, pink or white?
I like this one a lot:
The timing of her portrait might be a little tricky. I wanted to wait and do it when the azaleas are in bloom here (they're always gorgeous!) like we did for R's portrait. The thing is, the few weeks that they're in bloom will likely be right when C is born. Hopefully it will all work out.
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


12 comments:
I LOVE your two favorites. Can't decide between the two! They would both look great! Oh if I have to decide probably the white one.
Gretchan
I love the last dress, the one with the pink top. Your kiddos are so sweet. Can't wait to see the next baby..Karie
Wow! 5 weeks left! Doesn't it go by so quickly? I'm with Lane, the first white one is very cute! But that may only be because I'm still getting used to pink!
I love the all white one. That is beautiful.
I love the 1st one, but they are all sweet!
Melody
You are SO funny! I remember Micaela driving my car when she was 10, so I'm thinking R may just be able to handle the trip to the hospital!!
I love all the dresses. The one Lane picked is just beautiful - don't think you could go wrong there. But the pink ones are just adorable too!
I love the last dress, the white one with the pink at the top. It is so sweet.
voting on the pink and white. she'll look adorable in that!
got your letter today...thanks as always!
I can't believe you only have 5 weeks left. Wow! I know you are excited. I remember how big Kathryn was when we brought Lindsey home, so I bet Alexee will seem so big. About the dresses, I am biased towards pink. I think as long as it is pale pink, it photographs well. But I also like the last one - with the pink and white. We had Lindsey's portrait done at 17 months and she is wearing a pink dress. I like how it turned out. Kathryn wore a pale blue dress in hers and I like it too. Hard decision.
She would look pretty in a potato sack but I think I'm with Lane on the white dress! I can't wait to see what you pick and how the pics come out (if you share them!)
I love all of them. For portraits, I would go with all white. However, I LOVE the yellow one! I saw it at Strasburg the other day!
Haha, I hope Rhett doesn't have to drive you to the hospital :o)
All of the dresses are beautiful. I love that store. My favorite is the all white dress and the pink and white dress. She will look adorable in any of them!
Post a Comment