Rhett did not have school last Friday, so when I picked him up Thursday afternoon we went to my parents' house to spend a few nights. Alexee was there with them last weekend, but Rhett, Crosby and I had not been since early August and we were really missing them! Friday morning the kids were up early ready to play outside. R & A went with Mom to check cows and feed a new baby calf. Then we all went to my Grandparents' house where they working cattle.
Mo & kids, chilly fall morning

R & A sitting in the back of Mo Nina's truck watching the action

Crosby with his Great-Grandparents



Mom & C

Mo Nina wanted to take the kids to see something...
(You can't really see Crosby, but he was on the other side)

...here's what they saw: her newest set of twins!


Rhett always wants to drive now. There's usually a fight between him and Alexee about whose turn it is. I guess R won this time.
Lots of things to look at! Crosby was so cute petting this calf. It hadn't been eating enough, so it was in the barn for some extra attention.
Giving his Mo Nina a big hug. I love this picture.
Friday was Dad's birthday. We were anxious for him to get home so he could play. We ordered take-out dinner, ate quickly, and went outside to enjoy the remaining daylight. Here they are playing football. Crosby already shows an interest in playing ball. He thought it was so funny to get tackled and run away with the football.




Happy Birthday, Dad/Granddad! We love you!

Lots of swinging


Crosby, 18.5 months

A lot of leaves are already falling there. Unfortunately it has been very dry lately, so the trees aren't as colorful as they usually are at this time of year...still pretty though!

Crosby had a lot of fun pushing this dump truck around.
It was cute how he'd stop to pick up sticks to load. He was trying to hold the truck steady on the hill while reeeaaching for this stick.

Crosby got a long way down the driveway and was too tired to walk back up the hill so Rhett and Granddad helped him out. :)

Fun times. Sweet memories.
I wish they could stay these ages.

Mom took this neat pic of Alexee Saturday morning as we were walking to check the mail.



2 comments:
Fun is always abundant in the country!! I love that C gets right smack in the middle of the big kids now. That's adorable.
I bet they always have a blast at their grandparents' house! Looks like so much to do and room to run around and play! The leaves are pretty there. I live in AZ now and we don't really have "fall" or leaves change.
Post a Comment