Sunday, January 6, 2008

First steps!

Alexee took her first steps this morning before church...2 steps in a row from the ottoman to me!  Rhett witnessed it and yelled, "she walked all by herself!" I'm sure she'll really be on-the-go very very soon!  She was SO proud of herself.  I think she could have taken more steps had she not been so excited that she was bouncing and waving her arms!  It was really cute.  I had a flash back of when my sister learned to walk.  I remember where we were sitting in the living room floor at the house we grew up in, and I remember being so excited when she took those steps.  She'll be 26 in a few months...I'm very afraid that 26 years with Alexee will pass just as fast...probably faster.

Mo & Granddad got her this sweet dress for Christmas.  I loved dressing her up in it this morning!
And this is Rhett's handsome new outfit that he got for Christmas, too.  He looked so nice!  Of course when I picked him up from his class, his sleeves were rolled up, shirt untucked and pants legs tucked into his boots, but that's what little boys do!  
Here he is during his new goggle-hair-washing routine, a wonderful idea from Heather. He gets terribly upset every time a drop of water gets in his eyes, so every night bath time has been a challenge.  But things have greatly improved with the goggles.  Thanks, Heather...just wish I'd started this sooner!  :)
Here they are playing together.  R fixed several toys yesterday (replaced batteries) using his new tool set from Granddad.  This is one of the toys he fixed--Alexee was very grateful!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah ALexee! That's so neat that you remember my first steps! I hope Jaiden will remember when Jeryn takes his. Congratulations Alexee! I have got to try teh googles idea--I had actually wondered if that might work a while back but never got any...J hates water in her eyes--even at swim lessons. I have got to try this one...

Kelly said...

That is so sweet that she is already walking!!! You will be an even busier mom soon chasing after her!!!!
That's a great idea about the goggles!

Jessica said...

The goggles are hysterical! I love em'! Do what works is what I always say! I'm sure bath time is an adventure for him now. That dress is oh-so sweet! She is precious!

His Doorkeeper said...

As I look into the future I see Rhett with his own TV show, "This OLDER House".....Rhett, the tool man!!

Alexee walking is just too much....too soon...too grown up already!! She is precious!

The Milams said...

Any more steps this week?? She is probably an expert now!

Sharmin said...

Awwww, she walked, how sweet!

I love the goggle idea, I'm afraid Logan would make an even bigger mess with those, though.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for two steps to Mommy! So far, Schäfer has taken 4 steps to a toy, but always stops and crawls. He's really cruising right now - even on walls and cabinets. I think he'll walk soon, but I don't want to rush it because then we're officially in the toddler years! BTW, LOVE the goggles & shared the idea with Hubs. We'll definitely be trying that at our house if Schäfer gets fussy in the bath. So far, he still dives in face first to drink the water which is NOT clean! Boys!