I don't remember ever missing class or work for a "sick day", but at least it was an option. As a full-time mom, you can't call in sick! Alexee has had the cough/runny nose stuff since last Saturday, Rhett has had a little bit of a runny nose, and a few days ago I noticed that swallowing was no fun at all. Today I've had that head-to-toe aching, and my voice is pretty much gone. I put A down for her nap this morning then got under a pile of blankets on the couch with Rhett while he watched a cartoon. I guess I fell asleep briefly...I woke up to him piling pillows on my head and sitting on them. Then I guess I somehow fell asleep again, and I was awakened the second time by him spraying air freshener DIRECTLY in my FACE. So I gave up trying to stay warm and rest in order to feel better and decided I'd have just as much luck recovering while doing laundry--at least I would be productive. Well, R's eyes have been really red, and the thought crossed my mind three days ago that he might have pink eye? So I called the clinic today (of course no appointments available for sick people), so the nurse called me back and said the doctor had her call in eye drops for him. I'm not sure it's pink eye, but I guess even if it's not, the $60 eye drops can't hurt. So we saved the time and co-pay of hanging out at the doc's office! I really hope we're all better by A's birthday party on Saturday. Right now her little face is so red and chapped from her runny nose, and she has several bruises on her face from recent tumbles (she's walking!). Please say a little prayer for a healthy household by the weekend! (or earlier...I feel like I have so much left to do to prepare!) :)
Escape to the Country With Me
7 months ago


5 comments:
Hope you feel better soon!!!!
Poor Jamie! I hope you ALL feel better soon. Aren't you REALLY glad you're not making the cake yourself now? : )
Get better soon. The adults in our house are the sick ones. I have been constantly praying that the kids don't get it.
Sorry you feel so bad....especially since you have so much to do for Alexee's big day! Hope you are feeling much better! Give our love to Alexee on her birthday!
I'm sorry you don't feel well! BUT- I am toally laughing at the sight of him spraying air freshner right in your face! Oh man.... : ) What a funny memory! : ) Get better soon!
Post a Comment