
This afternoon R & I went to a movie, just the two of us--it was so much fun! He was so excited all morning and asked a million times if it was time to go yet. He's only been to the theater one other time when he was really small (summer before last) and didn't enjoy it very much. He was so cute today, all bundled up in his winter coat, holding my hand as we approached the huge theater. I asked him if he thought we should get some candy, and of course he did (Skittles). He wanted to hold his ticket all through the movie. He didn't like the previews and commercials at the beginning (I don't like them either), but once the movie started he was interested and sat still. During the commercials he looked over every square inch of the theater and asked me things like, "where is the light switch for these lights?", "who turns the lights on?" (I told him that the owner probably did, so then he asked "where's the owner's office?") I really enjoyed getting to spend some time with just him. (and L & A had a good time together at home.)
Tonight a friend of ours came over to babysit after the kids were in bed. We were not super hungry for some reason, so we decided to go to the salad bar at Jason's Deli. Then we went to Target and wandered around looking at stuff that we don't usually have the time (or patience) to look at when the kids are shopping with us. We bought Alexee a cute little Valentine outfit and some Valentine stationery & stickers--fun purchases! It's been a really fun family day.



3 comments:
I don't know why these paragraphs are showing up in different font colors--I can't get it to change???
I was dying to take Zachary to see that movie. How was it? Unfortunately Cinema FIVE in MP didn't get it!
What a fun memory! I know Rhett totally enjoyed it! Love Alexee's outfit too!
Post a Comment