Lately I've been buying fresh pineapples--their flavor is so much better than the canned fruit. (I don't know if I'm really cutting them correctly--there's probably a better way.) This was part of breakfast yesterday morning. The kids will usually eat a lot of it too, which I love. Every time I slice a pineapple I think of Hawaii. We've had the opportunity to go twice, once for our honeymoon and once again before Rhett was born. One of my MANY favorite things about Hawaii was the breakfast buffet at our hotel and the delicious pineapple served there!
There was a brief period of time yesterday when A and C were both napping, so Rhett and I got to play a game of Candyland together. I've always liked board games...Pictionary is my all-time favorite.
Then yesterday afternoon Lane took R & A to Warren (his hometown) with him for the night. They spent the night with Grammy & Bobba and had a great time. Lane had a dentist appointment there this morning, then they played on the playground and had lunch at Molly's. Crosby and I have had fun hanging out together, but this house seems so STILL and QUIET! I'm missing the chaos...one night was enough relaxation time--I'm ready for everyone to get back this afternoon!
Since it was just me and C yesterday evening, we took advantage of that simplicity and went out. We went to Fresh Market and bought flowers for the kitchen...for no specific reason other than they're pretty and enjoyable!
Then we went to pick up my take out order at Trio's...a Peck's Special Salad and...
my very own slice of key lime pie! If we ever order dessert there Lane and I always share it, but tonight I ate every last bite myself (well, Bogart got to lick the graham cracker crumbs from the container). :) 
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


5 comments:
Sounds like a fun night. I'll be in LR tomorrow (Saturday) with a friend. Fresh Market is on our list of stops. I'd love to see you and the kids, if you're going to be home give me a call.
The food looks good. I love fresh pineapple (Jodi and I were just talking about fresh vs canned the other day).
I'm so glad you and Crosby got a little down time!
Jamie...seriously! You make motherhood look like the easiest thing! I don't know where you get the energy....when G and S are napping, so am I!!! : ) The pineapple just made me want to get one next time I'm at the store!
Good for you....Sure wish I were there to join you on your Trio's date.
Post a Comment