Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tutus and yardwork

Yesterday Alexee tried out the new monogrammed tutu that I bought at the Inviting Co. warehouse sale on Friday (for $1!). I think she liked it. She wanted me to re-paint her toe nails, and we tried to do her fingers but she moved around a lot. She loves to try on shoes, but I guess most girls do! She's a mess, but she is so much fun!


After church today Rhett and I attempted to trim some of the landscaping in the back yard. We didn't get far before both Alexee and Crosby woke up from their (short) naps. Rhett worked hard though, and his little face was so red. It seems like marking things off the to-do list isn't something that happens often with three kids...not for me at least. We start lots of projects but rarely finish anything. Rhett recommended making "orange punch" (Tang) when we came inside. We did that after giving Bogart a bath (he was covered in pollen from head to toe).

Tonight we went to McAlister's for dinner. When L got home from studying at 5:25 (not that I was watching the clock) I had the kids strapped into their car seats ready to go!

5 comments:

Jacquie said...

Looks like Rhett was working hard. That is so funny how you had the kids strapped in the car waiting for Lane!! HAHA!!

sherry said...

I feel your pain about not checking off my to do list! Every day i wake up and think...okay...it's a new day I'm going to try again to get these things done! Ahhh! and every nite i go to bed thinking what did i do today?

On the Eastern Journey said...

Alexee is so sweet in her tutu!

I know what you mean about not getting anything done. I'm going to try to be better about writing things down...at least they will be out of my head and when I have a spare moment, I can check something off the list.

We've Got Scents said...

How fun for Alexee and Rhett looks so grown in these pictures. I'm so thankful he is such a great helper for you!
Blessings today and always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

Jen said...

I love the contrast between the tutu and the cabela's shirt!!! :)