Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Back-to-school shopping

It's hard to believe school starts in just over three weeks! This morning Rhett and I went back-to-school shopping. Miss Chloe came over to play with Alexee and Crosby so that Rhett and I could have some time to hang out together, just the two of us. :) I printed the 1st grade supply list for him, and he was in charge of reading the items and helping me find them at Target. I was glad that we found everything...no out-of-stock items on our list.

After Target, we went to Children's Place to shop for fall clothes. It will be too hot to wear most of the items for quite a while, but when cooler weather arrives we'll be ready.
And then finally--lunch together at the restaurant of his choice. He said he was really hungry and ordered a hot dog, mac & cheese and a milkshake. We had fun eating together and talking about what the first grade might be like. I love this sweet boy!!!
Registration is next week. We are anxious to find out about his teacher and classmates!

6 comments:

Jacquie said...

What a sweet memory you've made today. I LOVED those quiet, special times with my kids. And... you'll even have them when they're in high school!!! LOVED THOSE!

Anonymous said...

I love special times spent with my children just celebrating because! Sounds like a great day! I cannot believe summer is almost over. You have a beautiful family.

Heather said...

So sweet...can't already be time for 1st grade??? He seems to be so much taller.

Flo and Grace said...

1st GRADE. WHAT are we gonna do? I was thinking just the other day how it will fly by and they'll be in HS before we know it. These years truly are fleeting, even though sometimes it's hard to tell...

Flo and Grace said...

PS. BY the way, when they DO get in HS or later...we need to introduce Rhett and Grace. Hmmmm... ; )

Sharmin said...

I can't believe school is right around the corner. I spent a couple of hours tonight in my classroom...I'm almost ready!

Just wait, Austin wants us to spend a day together, just the 2 of us, but he wants to go to Branson zip-lining! It looks like I may be strapped in a harness flying through the canopy of trees...the things I do for my children!