I know I sound like a broken record. But Crosby is SO sweet and SO good and SO happy. Such a JOY. He is 16 months old today. He is doing a lot of cute things, and saying a few words. My favorite new thing that he says is when he answers, "Yesh" to our questions. When he's in the mood to answer, we'll ask him several things in a row just to hear him say yes. It's the cutest little word in the cutest little voice! I've also noticed how he's learning to reason and do certain tasks. Today it rained and he noticed the water pouring off the roof so he went to the window to look. I guess he couldn't see enough through the blinds, so he walked straight from living room window to the back door where he could see better. And a few days ago he picked up a piece of paper from the floor and walked to the bathroom and threw it in the trash can. I told Lane that and he laughed and said, "Wow. Our other two won't even do that."
He seems to love to play ball. He loves to try to throw, catch, roll, bounce, hand it off to someone else, or get Bogart to chase it. He gets so excited and moves his feet really fast when he's about to throw the ball to us, and he laughs and smiles when he runs after it. (Maybe that's what Peyton Manning used to do?)
He also loves tv remotes and phones. That's about the only time he gets mad--when you take a remote away from him. That makes him cry.
In the last month he's gone to one nap a day, and usually sleeps about two hours (1:00-3:00). He sleeps 12 hours straight at night. He still sucks his thumb and sleeps with his little football lovie. I have three of them that I rotate so that he won't develop a favorite (that happened with Alexee and her pink blankies).
He's getting to be a little bit more picky with his eating lately. I've noticed he's not quite as enthusiastic about green peas or carrots now (who can blame him?), and he hasn't been very good about eating turkey and/or chicken. He still likes almost every fruit, and he likes cheese and yogurt and granola bars. When I bring him downstairs every morning he goes straight to the pantry and tries to reach a granola bar.
This was yesterday after church. I bought this outfit at Gymboree last week. I especially loved the back of it...


In case you haven't been around a toddler recently, I'll remind you of what types of things they do:
:)
1. They reach into the grocery cart and find things they can lift and either try to open them/eat them or throw them out of the cart and laugh. Be sure to put the eggs at the very back.
2. They see the pantry door open and make a run for it and see what they can empty out in the floor. Today, it was a whole box of bread crumbs. Alexee came to tell me that he'd made a mess. Notice Bogart helping with clean-up.

3. They open every cabinet door, even those with child-proofing devices, and play with all the things they find...much more interesting than actual toys. (I put this one away though so he wouldn't smash his finger.)
4. They stand on their tip-toes and reach into the "junk drawer" and take whatever they happen to get straight to the dog's water bowl.
5. They wait for the perfect opportunity to slip into the bathroom and either stick their hand in the toilet or unroll all the toilet paper. (As soon as I finish this post I am going to clean the base boards in our bathroom!)

2. They see the pantry door open and make a run for it and see what they can empty out in the floor. Today, it was a whole box of bread crumbs. Alexee came to tell me that he'd made a mess. Notice Bogart helping with clean-up.
3. They open every cabinet door, even those with child-proofing devices, and play with all the things they find...much more interesting than actual toys. (I put this one away though so he wouldn't smash his finger.)
4. They stand on their tip-toes and reach into the "junk drawer" and take whatever they happen to get straight to the dog's water bowl.
5. They wait for the perfect opportunity to slip into the bathroom and either stick their hand in the toilet or unroll all the toilet paper. (As soon as I finish this post I am going to clean the base boards in our bathroom!)
But toddlers are so cute and fun!






6 comments:
He is so cute, Jamie! I love all the "toddler things"! I had forgotten what all they do. Except mine will not start that until around 18 months old. (When they start walking.) James is not even crawling yet! Ha! Almost 12 months old and not crawling yet! Have you ever heard of such! I have...Ramsey Duke Jennnings! Crosby's hair is so cute. Once again, James is no where close to having a baby mullet to cut! Ha!
Love the blog make over too. I've got to get a new look. My background went away fot some reason!
Gretchan
He is just so cute! He is looking a lot like Rhett to me. I loved reading all about your sweet little Crosby!
This is such a SWEET post!!! I love reading about sweet Crosby every month! :) Fun toddler list and oh so true! Everett opened my bathroom cab yesterday that has a child lock on it, shook his finger and said "no,no" and then started pulling everything out! ha! :)
And if there is dog food in that dog bowl, they try to eat it!!! Lucy does ALL the same things. So cute. Can you believe it has been 16 months, 15 for Lucy. Time sure flies when you are having fun!!
You just go ahead and say it as much as you want to....Crosby is the sweetest little boy!!! He is precious to look at too!!
Crosby's new haircut is so cute... and BIG BOY, too! He is a fun/funny boy. Love your toddler reminders... it's been a while for me, so that was hilarious.
That little outfit is adorable!!
Post a Comment