Rhett and Alexee both love the water. I've been nervous about taking all three kids to the pool by myself, so I haven't taken them other than for swim lessons. It just kind of hit me though that there are only four full weeks before school starts back, so I'm going to try to do better about taking them swimming. Sunday evening Lane kept Crosby at home while I took R & A. They had a blast and it wasn't crowded at all. We picked up Sonic for dinner on the way home and they were happy and tired. 



I like this one:

This evening I knew Lane was going to be home a little late so I took all three of them. It was Crosby's first swim, and he was a little scared at first. He didn't want to get in the bug float that I took for him (I thought that would keep my hands free to also keep up with Alexee), so I held him most of the time. He started to laugh and enjoy the water after a while, so we'll try it again soon. Alexee did great splashing in the shallow part with her friends Lindy and Maylee. I kept an eye on Rhett, but he can really just swim back and forth and jump in and climb out by himself, so he's very easy. I didn't have enough hands to take pictures today, so this is the only one I got--just to document C's first trip to the pool. (He had a mouth full of crackers.)
_____________
I wanted to make a note to myself about Alexee's sweet night-time prayers. She has heard me pray many times, "Lord, help Alexee to know You." A lot of nights she wants to say the prayer, and she will always say, "Lord, help me to know other people." :) Two nights ago she prayed, "Please help Daddy to know how to help a lot of people that are sick feel better." And tonight she said, "Thank you for this sweet, wonderful day. Help me know know other people and please help me not to leave money like pennies around in the floor where Crosby can pick them up and choke on them...Amen." (They've heard that warning a few thousand times!)


2 comments:
I used to be SO nervous at the pool with the kids. I was so glad when I was confident in their swimming ability.
A's prayers are precious. I love their little hearts!!
Nothing but tears in my eyes to hear those sweet innocent prayers! Don't you know God just LoVES it??
Post a Comment