We've had a busy week, and I haven't taken the time to post so this is a catch-up...
On Tuesday we made another trip to Flippin, but unfortunately the reason for our visit was a sad one this time. My uncle passed away last Saturday after a long, difficult battle with cancer, and Tuesday evening was his memorial service. The service was so nice, and it was good to be with my family as we remembered Doyle. Please keep my aunt and cousins in your prayers in the days ahead.
We only stayed one night this trip, but we did get to celebrate Mom's birthday with her on Wednesday. I made her a cake, and 4 out of 5 grand-kids were there to sing to her (Jeryn stayed at home with his other grandparents because it was going to be such a short trip).
I love this picture of them, but I wish Jeryn had been in it! I like how A has her arm around R. Crosby looks like his diaper leaked, but I think it was actually just spilled water.
I love this picture of them, but I wish Jeryn had been in it! I like how A has her arm around R. Crosby looks like his diaper leaked, but I think it was actually just spilled water.HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MO!
WE LOVE YOU!
We got a new American Girl catalog in the mail this week, and Alexee was really interested in looking through it. I think she found something she liked/wanted on each page. As we were looking at it together I remembered that I'd brought my American Girl doll, Felicity, from home for Alexee to play with sometime. She was stored in her box in the top of A's closet, but this seemed like a good day to reveal her!
She was so excited, but wanted to change her clothes and I realized I didn't have any other outfits for her. We might do some shopping for Felicity soon. :)
Thursday evening Lane's parents came to visit and watch the kids for us while Lane and I went to see Mark Schultz at church. It was a benefit concert Bethany Christian Services. Thanks, Bobba & Grammy, for spending the evening with the kids. Here's Mark on the big screen:
I thought this was so sweet. I went downstairs to get something and when I came back I heard Rhett reading to Crosby. I peeked my head around the corner and saw them sitting side by side, and sometimes R would put his arm around C. I rushed to grab the camera and snap their picture. C is sitting in my little rocking chair and R is sitting in a basket full of costumes/dress-up clothes. Rhett heard our pediatrician talking to me (at 15 month check-up) about the importance of reading to Crosby every day, and he's mentioned it several times. I told him it was really sweet of him to read to C, and he said, "Well, that takes care of our reading to him for today." I'm thankful for the help around here!
Alexee helped entertain her brother by putting him in her suitcase! Actually, I think he climbed in on his own, but she thought it was funny!
Rhett attended a local VBS this week on M, Tu and Fri. We were out of town on Wednesday, and he just didn't want to go Thursday so I didn't push it. He'd already told me that he only liked to go to one VBS per summer, and he'd gone to the one in Flippin in June. He wasn't too sure about going, but I encouraged him just to go and try it and see if he had fun, and he did. His buddies Lawson and Garret went too, so I think they had a good time together. Last night (Friday) the church had a dinner and program to conclude the VBS week. Lane met us in the parking lot after work and took A & C home with him while Rhett and I went to the VBS event. It was 2 hours long, so I was thankful to only have Rhett to keep up with--that seemed so simple. I kept looking around thinking I was forgetting someone! Here are some of the tables set up in the gym:
R's age group got on stage to sing "Fish Sandwiches". He's third from left side with red shorts/white shirt. His friends Lawson & Garret are the two on the far right.
His age group on stage:
We meant to take a picture of all three of the boys together, but we got separated in the crowd during the exit so we didn't get one of Garret. Lawson's sweet little sis wanted to be in the picture too!

Today we decided to go to the zoo. It was a good 120 degrees I think, but for some crazy reason it sounded like a good idea around 8 a.m.. We tried to only look at the animals that were near shaded areas. We went by the duck/flamingo/bird pond and saw this duck standing on one foot sleeping with his head tucked in his feathers. Remember that pose because you'll see it again as you scroll down.
This swan was standing on one leg, too.
Lane and the kids observing the birds.
This made us LAUGH: Alexee trying to pretend she was sleeping while standing on one leg. She is so funny.
R & A looking at the bats.
I like the giant turtle. I wonder how old he (she?) is?
Last stop: carousel
Alexee wanted her Daddy to ride the horse beside her. She told me I could ride some other time. Crosby and I sat and watched them, and he laughed every time Rhett went by waving! Look at this sweet face! His little cheeks were pink from the heat, but he never fussed.
And look at these sweet feet. It was too hot for shoes since he was just riding along anyway.
Tonight we had a babysitter and Lane and I went to see Inception. Lane liked it, but I was bored within the first 20 minutes and fell asleep several times. (I fall asleep during pretty much every movie though, so I'm not a good gauge.)


4 comments:
I always wanted an American Girl doll and never got one!!! I found an old catalog not long ago that I had kept from when I was little! :) So fun that you still have yours to share with A! LOVE that R is reading to C, very precious! It looks like ya'll are having a very busy summer! :)
Alexee looks so happy to have Felicity!! I LOVE that Rhett wants to help with C's required reading. Ha!! That boy is too much!
And you and Jodi should never go to a movie together!
I've been thinking about Carrie, Tracie and Janice so much this week.
I love everything ya'll do - so much fun! No wonder you fall asleep in movies - you must just be worn out all the time!
I love that I read your blog...for lots of reasons, but today b/c Lance and I were out of town this past weekend and did not get to go to the VBS family event Friday night. Imagine my surprise when I look at your pictures this morning and there is my Annie two kids down from Rhett. ;-) Loved being able to see a picture of her there. My parents took my girls. I'm glad Rhett enjoyed it...I'm sure it was a little overwhelming. It was for us and we are used to it!
Post a Comment