Monday, July 26, 2010

The library was closed

The kids' library DVDs were due today, so we drove downtown to the Main library to return them and make new selections. But the nice, air-conditioned library was closed (at least the children's area was) so we dropped our movies off and walked to a nearby park. It was very hot. They were disappointed about the library, so I felt like I needed to come up with a fun alternative.

Here are the kids in a shady spot:
(I don't know the story on the statue...I didn't have time to read the signs.)With the slides, tubes and tunnels it was like a real-life game of Chutes and Ladders! I couldn't keep my eyes on both of them and stay beside the stroller at the same time, so I was nervous. But they had fun. I would have enjoyed it more had Lane been there to help me watch everyone. They didn't have on swimsuits for the sprinkler park, but that didn't stop them from cooling off! I think Alexee was the only one running through the water in a smocked Easter dress.

3 comments:

The Jennings said...

We were downtown today too!...At the Museum of Discovery. Wish I would have bumped into yall! Those "chutes and ladders" make me so nervous! One time I "lost" John for a few minutes. He was hiding from me! I was two seconds away from screaming and yelling, "CALL 911!" That was before I had James! I'm not sure I could do it again with out another adult to stand guard. I really was in a panic for what seemed like forever but was only about a minute.

I do like the main library! It is fun to go to a different one sometimes!

Gretchan

Candy said...

that does look like a neat park! love the sprinkler pics, they are all so good!

Jacquie said...

One of the things I think makes you a great Mom is that you let your kids go through the water sprinklers even though they weren't dressed for it!!! How fun!