Thursday, April 21, 2011

Birds, Soccer, Blog Friend and More

We've had this bird feeder right outside our kitchen window for a while now, but we have suddenly attracted a new bird--the goldfinch. We have several of them, and they are very bright and beautiful! I don't know if it's the time of year or the new food that Lane bought or both, but these little birds have been spending a lot of time in our back yard. We all enjoy seeing them!
Rhett had a soccer game last Saturday morning, and it was terribly COLD and WINDY. Lane took him early for team pictures and sent me a text recommending warmer clothes and blankets for game time.
Crosby drinking Rhett's water
Rhett during warm-ups (I don't think I took any during the actual game...I just wanted to stay bundled up!)
Brrrrr! Alexee brought markers to keep her entertained, but Crosby would not sit still.
After the game, I had such a neat opportunity to meet my blog friend, Candy! Candy and I had never met in real life, but we have lots in common. We share a birthday (even the year), our husbands' birthdays are just one day apart, we both have three kids in the same order of boy, girl, boy, and it sounds like the kids' personalities are very similar. I just had a feeling it would seem like I'd known her forever when we met--and it did! She and a friend were in town for a Beth Moore conference, so we made arrangements to meet for lunch after the conference was over. It was so much fun--I wish we could have visited all afternoon. Hopefully it will work out for us to see each other again this summer in Hot Springs! Candy, it was GREAT to finally meet you! :)
Alexee & Crosby had their Easter parties at school. They were each asked to bring plastic eggs containing candy, stickers, etc. Blue and green eggs for C, pink and purple for A (her class was also asked to use an egg carton so each child would get the same number of eggs during the hunt).
Crosby's class has such cute spring decor--here's his rainboot tag for his lunchbox/backpack, his umbrella craft, and his carrot name tag on the classroom door. :)
Here's Alexee all dressed up in her rose dress and carrying her party snacks (we were really fancy with our snacks...Peeps and Oreos. ha!)
We've had a lot of rainy/stormy weather lately. We had a hail storm yesterday evening. This is what our deck looked like as it was hailing.
Today Alexee wanted to draw a picture but told me not to look as she was working on it. I was busy doing things around the house and forgot about what she was working on. Later I noticed this card sitting on my night stand--she'd placed it there for me to find. So sweet--it made my day! She has such a caring heart. :)
Here's a close-up of the card. I thanked her for the beautiful picture and asked her about the four people. She said the four are: Daddy, me, her and her friend Natalie. :)

4 comments:

Jill said...

Jamie-
What kind of bird feeder do you have, and do you have a problem with squirrels? I want to get a bird feeder for our backyard but keep reading negative things about the squirrels. What are your thoughts and/or experiences?

Candy said...

love that ya'll are getting to watch the birds in your backyard! Ev loves birds, but he loves to chase them and scare them! :) A is SO sweet! Hope R's next soccer game is warmer, I know that was miserable! It was so cold! I LOVED every minute of getting to meet you! SO fun!!! :)

The Garners said...

Jilly--
We got this bird feeder at Home Depot (and my husband said he thought he saw the same one at PetSmart). It said something on the box about it being squirrel proof. I had my doubts, but we have not seen any squirrels successfully eating from this feeder! They've tried, but the holes close when too much weight is put on the outer cage of the feeder. It's adjustable--we have it on the lightest setting. I hope this helps! I tried to go to your blog to leave this info, but couldn't link there for some reason...maybe because I'm doing this from my phone?? I hope you see this! :) thanks for reading! :) Jamie

Jill said...

Awesome...you're the best, and I really appreciate the info and tips! I can't wait to give it a whirl. My little girl (also Alexandra) will love it, I'm sure! Thank you. :)