I bought this little quick Easter craft at Hobby Lobby a few days ago because I knew Alexee would enjoy it. We plugged the hot glue gun in on the deck and worked outside this afternoon. She was excited about it, and of course wanted to make the pink bunny first. 
Love the expression on her face! :)

Once we got them all glued together, she wanted to set them up in the grass, like in the picture on the craft package. (She arranged them in the same order too.)
She was so proud! I love how she's standing next to them. Notice Crosby looking at them...you can probably guess where this is going...ha! Little brothers!
While she's looking at the camera, Crosby rearranges...

Then she notices...

...And I get this look and a scream...


I distracted him for a few seconds and we put the bunnies back in a row.

But then he came back--with a shovel.


We took the bunnies inside for display, then they decided to make a "car" using the chairs. The ball is the steering wheel, Alexee said. Crosby saw her with a ball and went to get one too.
I think they look a lot alike.

Love the smiles.
After going for a "drive", Alexee went back to her artwork. She drew a rainbow and did all the colors in order. I was surprised to see that, and asked her how she knew what order to put them in. She said she just sang the little song to herself: Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Purple.
There was a story to go along with the picture--I can't remember exactly how it went, but this is her (right) and friend Natalie (left, green hair) and they were trying to catch this rainbow and take it in the house. :) I'm really happy that she likes to draw and do crafts!
***
On a different note...TV disappointments:
1) I am so disappointed in American Idol. After the last two results shows, I don't know if I care about watching the rest of the season. Not that they remaining contestants aren't good, but my two favorites left right in a row.
2) The Office. It's one of my favorite shows, but Will Ferrell...not a fan. Can the show work without Michael??
I probably need to just quit watching both shows and use my time doing something more productive!


3 comments:
Love the shovel. So funny!
I guess I can't really say I'm disappointed in AI itself. I do think they need to change the voting process or us loyal viewers will eventually leave. I haven't throughout this season really ever thought that any one of the contestants is THE American Idol... like I did with Carrie Underwood and Daughtry (who SHOULD have not been voted off!!).
Love the differences between brothers & sisters...A is so proud of her creation & Crosby wants to smash it!!
Post a Comment