Our final park day was spent at Epcot Center. Once again, we had an early character (Princess) breakfast reservation. This one was at a restaurant called Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Epcot's "Norway". Four princesses were scheduled to be there. We met Belle, Snow White, Ariel and Alexee's favorite princess--Sleeping Beauty!


Alexee's FAVORITE!



I've always liked the story of Snow White.
We had learned by this point that it was easier to split up for a while and let Lane and Rhett do rides while Alexee and I did our own thing. This kept R & A from fighting! L & R rode just about everything, I think. Epcot was having a neat garden festival--there were character topiaries all throughout the park. Alexee liked looking at them and wanted her picture made by most of them. I thought it would be fun to build these--they were very detailed!
More cute expressions/reactions when meeting Chip & Dale


Loved how they made Tigger's stripes

We ran into Donald again over in Mexico
We had lunch at Coral Reef. The whole back wall of the restaurant is an aquarium which gives a unique "under the sea" dining experience! 
That afternoon Alexee met the beautiful Mulan. In the second picture she is showing Mulan the princesses on her shirt (somehow I felt a little guilty that Mulan was not pictured!)

We took a break from all the walking and enjoyed a Frozen Coke while sitting in this green grass. It felt so good to sit down in the shade and not be surrounded by people!
More of the garden exhibit!

Lane and Rhett met up with us just in time for Rhett to meet Jasmine and Aladdin in Morocco.

Other favorites at Epcot: Soarin', Turtle Talk with Crush, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, American Adventure and Journey Into Imagination with Figment (Rhett thought the skunk smell part was funny!) :)
There was a fireworks/laser show of some kind that night, but we were all ready to go back to the hotel. All that fun was exhausting! R & A were wanting a chance to swim one more time before we left, so that's what we did for the evening. Alexee borrowed a life jacket from the lifeguard station and really gained confidence jumping in the pool. She was so proud of herself!

This was when she came to tell me about jumping in all by herself!

That's R in the back--going to the water slide again!
This was the morning that we left. We grabbed breakfast downstairs in the hotel, checked our bags with Magical Express and then waited for the bus to take us back to the airport. Alexee took a closer look at the buffalo statues while we waited. 

What a fun trip! I'm so thankful we had the opportunity to go!
If you're not tired of Disney pictures yet, here's the link to the entire album!


7 comments:
What a fun trip! I laughed when I read about the decision not to take Crosby and how you thought it was the right thing! It would be miserable with James! Ha! Oh, darn, you'll just have to go again someday and take Crosby! :) Looking forward to a Disney trip sometime...wonderful memories as a child!
Gretchan
They had a ride at Epcot that I will never forget. Can't remember what it was called, but they sit you in seats in a small room with a video screen. The room heats up to about 98.6 degrees and you are supposed to be like injected into the human body and it takes you through it on the video while your chairs are jerking to and fro. Oh, I got so sick!!! Ha!
Disney is such a magical place for a child. You've given them a lifelong memory. (and yourselves, too)
Looks like you guys had a great time. I am so bad...we went in Feb. and I still have not posted any pictures yet. We had fun but it did feel like a lot of work instead of vacation. I think we are going to try a disney cruise next time. Aren't you so glad you left Crosby at home!? I saw so many tiny babies there....there is no way I could have done that. We left Lucy at home with my mom. Hope you guys are doing well : )
SO fun!!! I wish we could go back! It was exhausting though!
I love all the pics from your trip!! So glad you had fun...still laugh when I think of your text about the $500 roll down a grassy hill!!
Amazing trip! I loved reading all about it and seeing the photos. We haven't been to Disney yet. It looks wonderful (and tiring).
So fun! We just took the kids to Hong Kong Disneyland, but it's such a tiny park compared to Orlando. Looks like everyone had such a neat time. I know the kids will always remember it!
Post a Comment