Saturday, April 16, 2011

Disney - Day 2

Our first full day there we had reservations at Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom. Seeing the characters turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the trip--they're all so cute!I surprised the kids with some new Disney t-shirts/clothes for the trip. Rhett liked this Perry the Platypus t-shirt. Alexee chose to wear a Minnie Mouse outfit that day.
While we were waiting for our breakfast table, Lane ran over to the Safari line and grabbed Fast Passes. It worked out nicely because after we ate we were able to go right over to the front of the line and hop on the safari ride. It's fun because it takes you so close to the animals!

flying dinosaur ride (not the scary one)Best investment of the week: double stroller!Standing in line to get Stitch's autograph in the autograph book.

Frozen lemonade--yum!
Honestly, I think the resort pool was one of the highlights of the vacation for the kids! Every day they asked to go swimming! We stayed at Wilderness Lodge, and loved it. That fake rock formation in the middle is actually a water slide, which Rhett slid down many many times! We took a short pool break after Animal Kingdom, then we rode the boat from our hotel over to Magic Kingdom for a few more hours of fun.
The boat was a convenient way to go, and it was more scenic than riding the bus. I liked the walkway down to the dock:
Obviously Alexee was pretty excited to see the castle!
This was in the Swiss Family Treehouse. I think Lane and I liked it more than the kids--ha! I loved this movie as a kid and always thought it would be so awesome to live in a treehouse like theirs! :)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

You always have them dressed so sweetly! I love that last pic. : )

Candy said...

SO glad you posted these!!! I know ya'll had a great time, fun memories for sure! :)

Jacquie Wallace said...

Is it true the castle is now a resort or hotel or something??

Heather said...

Once again, great pics!! Can't wait to do a post about our trip..