Thursday, April 28, 2011

Phone Photos #18

This was a fun afternoon in mid-March. Mom stayed with Crosby during his nap while Dad, Micaela and I took the older kids to the river. They didn't mind the ice-cold water. They pulled moss (or "seaweed" as they called it) from the shallow areas and carried it to fill a hole that we think might have been the opening to a skunk's home.
Dad
There's Alexee with a large scoop of 'seaweed'. She's funny because she only wants to wear dresses, but she doesn't mind getting them dirty!
Mom & Banner, that same weekend in Flippin
Lane's residency paperwork packet arrived! Again, so thankful that the return address was not in another state!
Before A's gymnastics one morning
Warm afternoon
I helped Alexee make an ABC caterpillar. I remember drawing these on our driveway when I was a kid.
Notes from a sermon called "The Holy of Holies" during the recent Tabernacle series at our church. The whole series was so good--but I loved this particular week. As I created the link I decided to start listening to it again!
At the airport the morning we went to Disney.
Wilderness Hotel--the kids had a blast, but they were SO TIRED every night. They had no trouble falling asleep. They looked so sweet.
Alexee and I rode the teacups.
Home safely! I couldn't get to the car fast enough--I was so ready to see Crosby!
Cute and yummy Easter cake balls that my friend Katie made for Pokeeno dinner at her house.
Rhett's spring picture proof
We're planning to paint our bathroom. I like this fabric, and hope to make a curtain for our bedroom and for the window in the bath.
We've decided to use the color on the top left.
I saw these next two things in a local home store, and I love the style and colors. I'd like to re-do our living room too. (Similar color scheme to what we plan to use in the bedroom/bath). I'm tired of all the dark colors we have throughout our house--ready for a change.
Alexee was drawing one day and decided to draw herself whiskers like Princess Louisa.
Another day our neighbor invited Alexee over to play for a little while (it was about 10 a.m., I think). She wore her princess dress and called out, "Call me when dinner's ready!" as she ran across the yard! :) I guess she planned on staying a while.
It's always fun to have lunch with Rhett at school.
Peanut Butter Cup and Margarita cupcakes
game room at our favorite pizza place
C's feet. :)
Afternoon when he had the stomach bug and didn't feel like playing :(
C has started throwing some fits lately. This one went on for about 5 minutes.
one of Rhett's school papers
C had his 2 year portrait made this week. He did great! I took this after we were done and he sat down to rest and have a drink of water. He was getting sleepy--he still sucks his thumb.
Windy day at the soccer field
Mom sent this to show Alexee that Princess Louisa is doing fine.
We have had some BAD weather in April. This was one of the times the kids thought we might need to go to the safe closet. They took pillows, books, colors, stuffed animals, etc.
Our worst storms hit last Monday night, and due to poor decision-making on my part, I found myself huddled under a table in the kitchen of a local restaurant. I'm on the planning committee for a Mother/Son event at R's school (it's tomorrow night), and Monday night was our last meeting to finalize the details so I really felt I should go. One of the other moms there, Rachel, wrote a detailed account of the crazy evening on her blog here. I'm so grateful we were protected at the restaurant, and our families were safe at home. The scariest part was worrying about Lane and the kids and not being right there beside them. Lane and I were able to text and call some, but we were not getting consistent signal/service so there were blocks of time when we couldn't communicate.
me on the left, Rachel on the right
When I got home, I saw what we'd been protected from on TV. This cloud did not touch the ground, although it came very very close. My thoughts and prayers are with the many families that have experienced damage and loss from the fierce storms this month.
The northern part of Arkansas got a LOT of rain. This is the dirt road near my parents' house.
Out of focus, but I love the action in these pictures and the expression on C's face!
When I picked A and C up from school, Alexee was carrying a picture she'd drawn. She said this is Daddy bringing her a flower. :)
This was on the other side. She said it was me standing beside her and a flower, but I didn't want to wear jewelry that day so she wore it (notice the necklace on the right). I love her drawings!
***
This is the day the Lord had made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. -Psalm 118:24

2 comments:

Jacquie Wallace said...

Another fun phone photo post! LOVE the furniture and colors in those pics. I also love the pic of C sucking his thumb. Adorable.

I hope this weather settles into a calmer pattern soon!

Candy said...

I say it every time-I always LOVE your phone pic posts!
SO thankful ya'll were safe, this weather has been so scary lately here too!
LOVE the furniture pics!
What color are you painting your bathroom? Surprise, surprise---Tim just painted our MBR this past weekend and will start on our bathroom soon! The color looks very similar, from the pic atleast. :)
Hope ya'll have a great weekend!