Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

We had a busy Easter weekend!

Saturday morning Rhett had a soccer game. It was windy, but much warmer than last week's game, so that's good! R didn't really want to go to the game. He wanted us to sign him up to play spring soccer, but now he has changed his mind. We will finish the season though. We encourage him to try his hardest when he's on the field and to cheer for his team when he's on the sideline.
(oops--I missed his head in this picture!)
loyal fans :)
Crosby found an extra ball to play with.
The Easter Bunny actually made a Saturday visit here this year. I'm glad, because Sunday was really rushed. The kids had baskets of goodies in the kitchen and eggs to hunt in the back yard. All this took place around 8 a.m. before the soccer game:
Crosby's basket
Rhett's
Alexee's
Crosby was most interested in finding chocolate.
Rhett got a few new new books and a spy code kit.
Rhett sorted all his things.
Alexee got an Aurora princess stamp and stamp pad, hair bow clip, book and coloring book.
Early morning, back yard egg hunt. It has rained SO MUCH lately. Our back yard was very muddy!
Crosby hunting in his PJs.
Back inside, counting eggs, etc.
They each got a plain, wooden cross in their basket. They all colored/decorated theirs that afternoon. Here's Alexee's cross:
Rhett working on his. He drew Jesus on the cross on one side and wrote John 3:16 on the back from memory.
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world..."
Alexee have Crosby a little help with his.
I'm very thankful for what Easter means to us, and I pray that the kids will grow up knowing it's not about Easter baskets and chocolate, but about remembering and celebrating the death and resurrection of our Savior!
I cooked a roast and a potato casserole for dinner Saturday. We ate early then went to the Saturday evening Easter service at our church. They have a regular Saturday night service, but we've never been. It was absolutely wonderful. The music was SO GOOD! When we got home and got the kids in bed I made salads for lunch at Lane's brother's house on Sunday.

Sunday morning the kids wore their Easter outfits and we went back to church because Lane and I were scheduled to serve in the cafe. We were offering a special holiday breakfast plate, and provided those to almost 120 choir members! It was a busy but exciting morning!

Thankful for my family!
Sunday a.m.
After church we hurried home to change clothes, grab the salads and go to Hot Springs to have lunch with Lane's family! There were eggs to hunt there, too, which the kids loved. Their older cousins, Luke and Katie, were very sweet to help them (they LOVE their cousins)!
Alexee gave Crosby one of her eggs.
Rhett gave Crosby one of his eggs.
I love it when they share and are kind to each other.
Katie & Alexee
(Oops--I cut off another head!) But that's Luke helping Crosby. Crosby would run after him and look where Luke told him to look. He would smile so big when he'd find an egg for his basket. :)
Grammy & Bobba arrived during the egg hunt.
Grammy & Alexee
Lance and Jennifer had prepared such a great meal, and we really appreciated their hospitality! Lane's parents were there, Aunt Shelby and cousin Dena, Dena's son Robert (about to graduate from college), and Jennifer's parents. Unfortunately after the egg hunt I kind-of forgot about taking pictures of the adults. Crosby did not slow down the entire time we were at Lance and Jennifer's house. I was nervous the whole time because their kids are older and so their house it not "baby-proofed" any more. They have three outside doors and Crosby basically ran out one, in another, out one, in another...for a few hours. He didn't stop to eat or sit! Two year olds have an amazing amount of energy--Too bad my energy level doesn't match his. Ha! I was tired by the time we got home and got the kids in bed. I fell asleep on the couch very early (while trying to watch Amazing Race--sad when I heard results), and I think it was close to midnight when I woke up to the sound of Alexee crying at the top of the stairs. (She'd had a bad dream about alligators.)
Thankful for this weekend. We're so blessed!

5 comments:

Candy said...

whew...I'm tired after reading all that! :) Sounds like ya'll had a super busy and super fun weekend! LOVE your Easter family pic-everyone is looking at the camera! We didn't suceed with that one! :) Sweet little Crosby and Ev are just way too much alike!!! They would be T R O U B L E together! :)

sandra said...

Church on Saturday night sounds wonderful. Then, we could take all day Sunday as a restful, family day. What a neat idea!

PS Sianna turns 2 next month. She's getting pretty busy herself!

Ryan V. said...

wow, you guys had a busy weekend! Maybe Rhett will start to like soccer more as the season goes on. I love the photos of the kids hunting easter eggs! So cute! And I don't think I commented on any of the Disney posts, but I loved reading them! Looks like you all had a great time! My grandparents took my sister and I to Disneyworld a couple of times growing up and we loved it! My husband and I want to make a trip to Disneyland now that we only live a few hours away from there! We can go without kids, right? haha :)

Jacquie Wallace said...

Can't say I blame Rhett on the soccer thing. :)

I LOVE looking at their sweet little hands when they are drawing or coloring. Precious!!

Glad y'all had a happy/busy Easter!

(Stay safe in the storms AGAIN tonight!)

destiny said...

Hi!! I'm a friend of Candy's...I read about you on her blog! It's so fun how much you two have in common! She's so sweet...a great friend!
I've enjoyed looking through your blog. Your family is so sweet!
Love all of the Easter pictures! (love the pj egg hunt!) My son starts soccer soon. He didn't care that much for it last year but we are going to try it one more time! We'll see how that goes!
Destiny