On day three we had a character breakfast booked at Chef Mickey's at Contemporary Resort. We rode a boat the short distance from Wilderness Lodge to Contemporary and then took the monorail from there to the Magic Kingdom. We used many forms of transportation during our vacation! Breakfast was exciting. We met Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto. The characters have a specific path that they take through the restaurant, so you know when to expect them to come to your table and you can have your camera and autograph books ready for them.




This was our first stop at the Magic Kingdom. The kids and I waited in line to say hello to Daisy while Lane went to get Fast Passes. From there we walked to the back of the park and rode It's A Small World twice because there was no wait. I like any ride that has a zero wait time--unfortunately I think that was the only one. :) Small World was one of my favorite rides when I was a kid. Alexee loved it too--lots of dolls and not scary. Lane and Rhett rode lots of things, and Alexee and I joined them for some like Pirates of the Caribbean, Winnie the Pooh (both scared Alexee) and Mickey's PhilharMagic (we all liked it!).
Lex and I just happened to be walking by the castle as show time was starting--Dream with Mickey or something like that--and it was neat. A lot of the princesses were there dancing with their princes. Alexee kept telling me to take lots of pictures! :)
It looked like it was about to storm in this picture, but we had great weather the whole time we were there. It sprinkled on us just a little bit at Magic Kingdom, but that's all. It was sunny and in the 80s most of the time.
Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen were the first characters we met that talked! The little girl in line in front of us was scared of the prince, so he came back and stood by us and talked to R & A. He asked where we were from, and when Rhett told him Arkansas he said that he'd been thinking of taking Tiana on a surprise trip to Arkansas but didn't know what all to do while they were there. :) The kids kind of froze up and looked at me for a recommendation, so I suggested fishing!
As we were leaving, Prince Naveen gave Alexee a kiss, and just as he did, fireworks happened to go off at the castle! He said, "WOW--did you see that, those fireworks went off because I kissed you!" Alexee giggled and giggled and just kept talking about it. She said she couldn't wait to tell Lane. It was so cute--I loved watching their expressions!


Alexee was scared to go to Monsters Inc. Laugh Factory, so we rode the tea cups instead. I wish we would have gone to Monster's Inc.--Lane said it was funny.
Rhett's favorite thing at MK (and probably all of Disney) was the electric parade. We watched it at 9:00, then the fireworks display at 10:00. It was all GREAT--the pictures don't capture it at all!
Watching the parade. We were behind a lot of people, so we took turns trying to hold A and R up for a better view. They got HEAVY after a while!

After the fireworks we hurried to the exit as fast as possible. Alexee fell asleep in the stroller as we were trying to leave. She was as tired as I've ever seen her. I picked her up without her waking up and she couldn't keep her eyes open even when I tried to talk to her. Rhett didn't fall asleep, but he was yawning very big!




3 comments:
Woo Hoo! I think if he had kissed me, fireworks might have gone off too! Ha, ha! Too cute! What a fun memory for her! : )
I love the picture of Prince N kissing A!!! How sweet.
I don't think anyone does fireworks like Disney. They have it down!
Cool pic of the clouds over the castle. Chef Mickey was one of our faves!!
Post a Comment