Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Crosby & Bogart Had Fun Too!

As I mentioned in my first Disney post, Crosby (and Bogart) stayed home with Lane's parents during the trip. (But we are already looking forward to going back with C when he's a little bigger. In fact, Lane said that last night Alexee prayed, "...and Lord please give us a safe trip to Disney World when Crosby is four years old...") :) We are truly so thankful for their willingness to come to our house and give him such excellent care and loving attention while we were away! I tried not to call constantly, but we checked on him daily and always found that he was having a wonderful time and being his sweet, fun self! I think Crosby probably thoroughly enjoyed the extra special attention.

I'm so glad they took these pictures during their stay. Things are never boring with a two year old, and I think they stayed busy.

He had big breakfasts, and learned that he likes fried eggs.
They spent time playing in the back yard when the weather allowed.
They enjoyed playing at the church playground
...And checked the mail
and went to Chick-fil-A for dinner, play time and a balloon
Grammy & Crosby
at church
Bobba and Crosby
I missed this sweet little boy A LOT! I couldn't wait to get home and see his precious face. HOWEVER, he was not quite as excited about seeing us--ha! When we walked in from the airport he ran to Bobba and hung onto his leg! :) It was cute. It took him a little while to warm up to us, but things seemed to be back to normal the next morning (at 5:45 a.m. And I was hoping to ease back into the regular schedule! ha!).

I'm thankful he got to enjoy this special time with his Grandparents!
Thank you again, Bob & Rose Mary--we love you!
*****
Funny thing today (I think this came up because one of R's friends welcomed siblings--twin boy & girl--to his family today):

At dinner Rhett said, "Momma, I hope you get another baby."
Me: Whew--what?! Don't you think things are crazy enough around here?
R: You know I like things as crazy as they can get! (I did not know that about R at all, actually!?)

2 comments:

Candy said...

awww...I'm glad they took pics for you, so sweet! I know C had tons of fun! SO sweet that A is already praying about your next trip! :)

Jacquie Wallace said...

Loved this post, Jamie! I know your heart was torn in two while y'all were away.

I would've never guessed that about Rhett either... Kale always had to have order and a schedule and organization all around him. (Did you see his Trapper Keeper post? haha!)