Yesterday I had the opportunity to attend the 2nd Grade field trip with Rhett and his class. I was thankful that Lane's parents were willing to come up for the day and stay with Alexee and Crosby so I could go! (Thank you, Bob & Rose Mary!) The class attended a show at the Arkansas Arts Center followed by a picnic lunch at MacArthur Park (across the street from the theater).

The kids all seemed to enjoy the musical.

I was trying to get a picture of Rhett before the show started, but he kept closing his eyes on accident--this was the best I got! :) This little girl sitting next to him was so funny. She said, "You're Rhett's mom, aren't you? He has some juicy cheeks!" (and pointed her finger right up to his face!) Then she took a look at me and said, "You sure have small eyebrows, and they're blond, not orange." ha! Another little girl a few seats down said, "Rhett is really nice--he shared his crayons with me. He's always nice." I told R that I loved hearing that from one of his classmates--I want him to always be very kind and helpful.


The park was full of ducks and geese, so we had to watch our steps and be careful where we sat!

Hungry Birds

The Canadian Geese were pretty.

He got to ride home with me from the picnic, cutting his school day short by two hours. I don't think he minded starting the weekend a little early!


Alexee & Crosby had fun with Grammy and Bobba while we were gone, too!


2 comments:
I'm laughing at Rhett's "juicy" cheeks! Aren't kids sooo funny?? Oh, I loved teaching 5th grade for that reason. Where do you live? NWA? I don't recognize that Arts Center at all.... You are so sweet... I'd love to have you come over and write a letter!! Anytime you are ever up north, let me know! : )
Deal! Maybe Harbor and I can crash at your gorgeous house the next Amtrak trip we take since the station is in Little Rock on Markham! Ha, ha! {just kidding! we would never put you out!}
Post a Comment