I haven't taken many pictures this week, but here are a few things that have been going on...
Sunday--Lane was able to go to church with us for the first time in weeks, so that was nice! We're still in the sermon series on The Beatitudes, which has been really good (this week: pure in heart, Matt. 5:8). Sunday afternoon I ignored all the things that needed to be done around the house and took a nap when A & C napped. I rarely do that, but it was great!
Monday--I got a flu shot which made my arm really sore...I don't remember it hurting last year? Alexee had gymnastics. It was stars week, so she got a star to add to her chart for a new skill she has learned since last month. I think she only needs three more stars for this chart. I remembered when she got dressed for gymnastics that I need to order a new leotard or two...she's outgrowing hers! Maybe I'll remember to do that before next time. Monday night the girls from our Bible Study group met. Lane got home just in time for me to walk out the door, so I barely got to see him that day but I had fun visiting with the girls.
Tuesday--Went to grocery store (least favorite chore). Kept a friend's little boy for a bit so she could attend a field trip with her oldest son. He was super sweet. Went to Academy Sports again to look for a Razorbacks jersey and/or helmet for Crosby for Halloween. Was excited to find a gift set this time that included a helmet, jersey and pants! All the kids have costumes now! We're ready for Monday. The kids have been asking when we can carve our pumpkins, and we've promised them we'll do it tomorrow evening, assuming Lane gets away from work in time to help. Tuesday night Rhett had a birthday party to attend for his friend Garret. I dropped him off at the jump place, and G's mom brought him home since they live just a couple minutes from us. When she dropped him off she said she wasn't sure how much fun he'd actually had because he and another boy bumped heads which caused Rhett to have a bloody nose. After they got that under control, R somehow got his hand smashed. He was fine though and said he had fun anyway!
Today--Ran errands. I still need to get C's portrait framed (I've had it in a box for a few months now), so I went to a couple of framing shops to see if they had what we're looking for. I plan to go back next week and hopefully finalize a decision.
Went to the P.O. for stamps and got these cute ones--I love neat stamps.
Ratatouille was such a cute movie!

Went in Whole Foods to buy figs and thought these bumpy pumpkins were interesting.

We had beautiful weather again today. The leaves are really changing here now, and I'm sad to see October nearing an end. When Rhett got home he read out on the deck for a while. He was excited that his friend Lawson loaned him this book in carpool line today.
I love this picture because it captures a little piece of each of their personalities/interests. C was playing baseball (and wanting R to play with him), R just wanted to be left alone so he could read, and A was collecting leaves and other "nature items" from the back yard.
Reading with Crosby tonight. Lately he likes wearing these duck slippers, and I think they look so cute on him! :)
Hopefully we'll get to carve pumpkins tomorrow. Then we plan to take dinner to friends on Friday--they just had a baby boy, and I cannot wait to hold him!! And Alexee has a gymnastics birthday party to go to on Saturday.


3 comments:
LOVE those stamps!
whew...sounds like ya'll have been busy! :) Love all the pics! It is very hard to believe that October is almost over. Soon, we'll be having a bday! :)
Is he reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid? I taught Literacy for years and years and I would bet my life on it. : ) Those are cute stamps.. I used to collect stamps when I was a kid. Ha! I have a huge box of them. : )
Post a Comment