Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday and Happy Birthday Wishes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DAD TODAY!
WE LOVE YOU!
*****
Rhett and Alexee have been in sleepover mode this weekend...Thursday night Alexee slept in Rhett's room (no school on Friday) and last night they both slept in Alexee's bed. They looked so sweet when I went to check on them--made my heart happy. I'm not sure Alexee has been sleeping as soundly as usual though because she has taken 2 1/2 hour naps both yesterday and today, which is unusual for her. Or maybe she's just growing!

Lane was home today for the first time in a while. He has had to get up very early this month, so he slept in this morning, then later we all went to Panera Bread for lunch. I dropped L & C back off at home then A rode with me to take R to a bowling birthday party for his friend, Lawson (Happy Birthday, Law!) He had a great time there of course. Rhett loves bowling.

After the party R wanted to ride his bike, and when A and C woke up they wanted to go outside too. It was another beautiful day. A few weeks ago I was working in the kitchen while the kids played in the garage. When I went to check on them I saw that Rhett had removed the training wheels from Alexee's bike. We could put them back on, but since they're already off we've decided it would be a good time for her to learn to ride without them. She agrees, but she is still nervous. We practiced for a while today. I let go for a few seconds and she kept going, but she still wants me to hold onto her at all times. We'll get there soon!

We added our new pumpkin patch pumpkins to the front porch and watered the flowers. Since we have a Razorbacks sign, I planted mums and pansies in my OBU colors. Alexee ready for bike practice
After baths tonight, A & C played with the Little People house and school bus. It was cute because C would put everyone into the bus and say "Going to school!" then he'd drop them back off at "home" and Alexee would welcome everyone and offer them a snack. Crosby likes to push cars/trucks/tractors/etc around on the floor. He pushed a John Deere tractor around all day and talked about he rode on a tractor for the hayride. I don't really remember Rhett doing that very much when he was little. R has always been more interested in things like keys/locks and technology. He took a MacWorld magazine to school with him a few weeks ago to read in his spare time, and he's been very interested in the release of the new iphones.

I felt so bad for C tonight--his skin has gotten so terribly dry, and I'm wondering if the hay irritated it yesterday? After his bath he cried and cried because his legs were stinging when I put lotion and medicine all over his legs. :( Hopefully he'll be better tomorrow.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Your front porch is so pretty! : ) Makes me want to want to stop by {maybe someday, if not, we can meet in heaven, I suppose} : ) The placemat idea is a great one! So glad you mentioned it.. I might try it this week, too. Think it would work with brown leaves... I may have to hunt hard for some good ones. I think snow is coming very soon. Eek!!