Thursday, October 6, 2011

Grandparents' Day

Today was Grandparents' Day at Rhett's school. Since R's grandparents all live out of town, Alexee, Crosby and I were his guests today. It started at 8 a.m., so we dropped R off in carpool line then waited in the car until time to go inside. The program started with donuts and juice, and the 2nd graders sang two cute songs for us. Then we started our rotations by classroom: reading in the flex space, classroom visit/tour, photo booth and book fair. Crosby was quite a handful today, but we made it all the way up until the book fair time. At that point, I gave R some book fair money and a hug and told him to shop wisely.

(R is right in the middle in an orange shirt)
Enjoying a donut
and juice
Lex found a stuffed cat that looked like Princess Louisa in the reading space. She carried it around for a while.
The kids have these great little recliners to use in their reading/flex space. Crosby had a lot of fun hanging out with the big kids.
During the classroom tour, R's teacher read The Kissing Hand and we did an activity to go along with it.
counting dinosaurs
When we got back home, Alexee and I made another burlap owl--we plan to give this one to my Mom this weekend. Alexee loves crafts and does a good job painting and following instructions.
After we picked R up from school, we met Ali and her kids at a frozen yogurt place for a snack and had fun visiting with them. Lane got home in time to see the kids before they went to bed tonight, so we were happy about that! I mentioned in my last post that October is my favorite month...but for Lane, October is one of the toughest months of his first residency year, so that part I don't like. He's ready for it to be 10/31!

1 comments:

Tonya said...

Fun day for Rhett & his guest!!!

Wow, Crosby looks so tall in the pics by the recliners!

I love the burlap owls you and Alexee have done - too cute!!!