Kelly's Korner is having a "Show us your pets" day today, so I couldn't resist sharing a little bit about our miniature schnauzer, Bogart.
Bogart Garner
DOB: 6-24-03
Place of birth: Beebe, AR
Favorite food: cheese, ice cream and popcorn (but he will eat anything!)
Hobbies: sleeping, eating, chasing duckie or puppy chef, stealing food from the kids, riding to carpool with us, having his belly scratched
Dislikes: squirrels, going on walks, trips to the vet and groomer
We got Bogart on Labor Day weekend 2003--I was pregnant with Rhett. (Pre-digital camera, so no pictures here of when he was a tiny puppy.)


This is one of my all-time favorite Bogart photos. Birdwatching with Crosby, January 2010.







In need of a haircut. We like to keep his hair short on the back but keep his beard and eyebrows long.


This picture cracks me up. He didn't really like Alexee's Christmas present--a stuffed (standard-sized) schnauzer. Christmas 2010.

Bogart's 1st Christmas
2003

Here's what he looks like during pollen season

Here's what he spends most of his time doing--sleeping in various places around the house.
This is one of my all-time favorite Bogart photos. Birdwatching with Crosby, January 2010.
This is why he weighs more than he should.

Riding in the car

Lane & Bogart

Alexee (right before her 2nd b-day) and Bogart watching out the upstairs window
2009


Rhett and Bogart doing some computer work

Riding in R's booster seat
In need of a haircut. We like to keep his hair short on the back but keep his beard and eyebrows long.
fuzzy paws

in the snow last February
This picture cracks me up. He didn't really like Alexee's Christmas present--a stuffed (standard-sized) schnauzer. Christmas 2010.
He is a GREAT dog and such a special part of our family--we all love him!


6 comments:
Bogart is very cute. We have a black and white Border Collie named Fiona. She completed our family when she came to us as a puppy. Now, she is a full grown dog. Pets are such a wonderful part of a family.
God bless you all.
Woodena
I love the name Bogart! : ) I laughed at him in the booster seat, too! Ha, ha! : )
I love Bogart!
He reminds me of Mercury! Sweet post!
I don't know which picture I like best...the one of Alexee and Bogart in the window or the one of Bogart in the carseat!! So funny! He has really been a wonderful family pet for your family! And, as you well know, the kids will remember him forever.
Saw your link over at Kelly's Korner and had to check it out as I'm a fellow schnauzer fan. Bogart is just adorable! Love that all black color - he's a stunningly handsome fellow. Love the pictures of him with your kids looking out the windows. Schnauzers are among the most intelligent looking dogs, I think (and among the most intelligent and clever but I'm a little biased. LOL!).
Post a Comment