Gotta love being at the grocery store on a Friday night and having the cashier say to you, "Not yet, huh?" I felt sure she was referring to my pregnancy, but I decided to just smile and shake my head and maybe avoid a more detailed conversation. However, she pressed on with the questions. One of which was, "So when are you due?" (translated: it's surely any minute now, right?) I said, "Well, April 5th...I have about 9 weeks to go." She couldn't really hide her surprise, but tried to be nice by saying, "Oh, I must have you mixed up with someone else who comes in here often." That didn't really make me feel any better.
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


6 comments:
That is crazy! I think the hardest thing about being preg is people's comments. Whether they think I'm too big or too small, it seems to offend me. You look great and no where near ready to deliver a baby! Hope ya'll have a good weekend.
Lol oh dear. I swear if I was a cashier or something similar I would never comment on pregnant women. It just seems so pushy and nosy IMO!
If it makes you feel better - the day we went to my house after I had Harper to get stuff to take to Tulsa with us - my neighbor drove by and said "still haven't had that baby, huh???" I did still look about 7 months pg - but NOT what I wanted to hear. ha!
Are you kidding me?!? And you are not even big!
That really annoys me. I told me husband I hate going for my weekly dr. appointment because once we exit the car the dreaded quesions begin.
" You are about to deliver aren't you?
"No"
"What? When are you due?"
"April 16"
"OH NO, they have your date wrong."
"No they don't"
"Well look at you."
" I'm having twins."
"Well bless your heart."
And this is from the valet at the hospital.
Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha
This is such a "China" conversation!
Post a Comment