(Please see the Christmas photo album on our old website if you're interested in the whole holiday visit in pictures.)
We just returned from celebrating Christmas with my family. The kids and I went up on Thursday, then L came up Saturday morning (he had a test Friday...he's now finished with half of his first year of medical school! It's gone by fast.). We had a wonderful time. Thursday night Mom and I made unleavened bread for the Christmas Eve service at their church. We also finished decorating their tree. Friday we went to my Aunt Linda's to visit and Rhett & Alexee played with my cousin's little boy, Kirkland. Friday evening our friends David & Jenni Burris and their son came over, and Rhett & Jed had a great time playing together. They live in Atlanta, so we only get to see them once a year. My sister and her family arrived late Friday night. Saturday morning my Grandparents came over and we had a great breakfast then opened gifts. Rhett got a bug kit, ant farm, new suitcase (although he said he still likes his Spiderman suitcase that Mo & Granddad got him a few years ago better), a harmonica, and other great things! Alexee also got a suitcase, some adorable clothes, a necklace, a 25th anniversary CareBear (I can't believe they've been around for 25 years...I remember being so excited about getting one for Christmas when I was little!). Saturday night Mom's side of the family had Christmas dinner together at the river. Our family has grown a lot this year...there are 4 babies 10 months and younger! It was loud and crowded and crazy, but I loved it--I love having a big family. It was great to see everyone. This morning we went to church with Mom & Dad, which was wonderful too. We don't get to go with them very often, so that was a special part of the holiday visit. I was so happy to get to visit with several friends there that I had not seen in a long time (see Kelly's blog for more pictures!).
Merry Christmas to my Mom and Dad
We tried to take a family photo after church today...Rhett wasn't really in a photo-mood, but Alexee thought he was funny.
Here is a picture of the great-grandkids on my Mom's side (back row, L to R:) Kiley, Jace, Lily, Maddi, Rhett, Marcee, Jaiden, Maylee, Bryce. (Front row, L to R): Jeryn, Adrianne & Alexee. Kirkland was there, but he escaped from the picture before I snapped this one. :)
Escape to the Country With Me
9 months ago


4 comments:
You have no idea how wonderful it was to look at the pictures and see everyone again. Greg & I were just talking about Brandon and he was wondering what he's up to these days. You'll have to sit and catch me up on everyone one of these days. Beautiful family you have!! Merry Christmas Jamie. I'm so thankful we found one another again!
Hi, Lisa! Great to hear from you. Brandon is a fireman--he lives in eastern AR. He has two kids--they weren't there the other night though--:( Merry Christmas!
I had so much fun looking at all of your Christmas pictures. Ya'll have such a big fun family on both sides. I can't believe how many little kids there are now!!!
Wow!I had so much fun looking at both your albums. I love the photos of Rhett & Alexee in their beds! I wish I could have a sip of your family's traditional punch! Yum!
Post a Comment