Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Birthdays

Two special 12/17 birthdays:

Happy Birthday to my dear friend, Sandra! Sandra and I met at the airport in January 1997 when we were leaving for a semester study program in Salzburg, Austria. We became great friends that semester, and have continued to grow our friendship over the past decade! She is creative and fun, she's a great cook, photographer, writer, friend, wife & mother. She has small town roots, like me. (I've visited her home town, and it is such a neat place!) But she has traveled the world and lives overseas now--she has such an interesting life! S, I hope you have a wonderful day of celebration!!! Your friendship is such a blessing!

I also wanted to wish a Happy Birthday to my sweet father-in-law, Bob! I'm thankful to be a part of your family! Bob is so kind and giving. He worked for hours and hours to help us move last summer, when lightning ran in on our house last month he went to Home Depot with Lane to buy replacement items that we needed, he and my mother-in-law are always willing to keep the kids for us--he's taken Rhett on many walks in the stroller while Lane and I were out of town. He also makes great eggnog (well, I'm actually not sure if he makes it or just helps Lane's Mom make it) :) but either way, I'm looking forward to having a glass of it in a few days! We love you, Bobba.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! My birthday was a wee stressful, but then everything turned out perfect! Maybe I'll just blog about that today! Anyway, the best present was hearing from our adoption agency that they completed our dossier on my birthday. You know we started this whole process on Shorel's birthday. So we took that as confirmation from HIM that this is part of our journey! What a great year! Now...what to do about that grey hair? I just don't know.