Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Happy Snowman

I did this painting for a Christmas gift this weekend. I thought he looked cheerful and could be displayed through January since it's not too Christmas-y. Rhett was helping with the modeling of it! :) I enjoy these painting projects (this is in acrylics, not oils like I really prefer, but oils are too time-consuming and messy for my life right now with small kids). I'd love to have a little home-based business...I keep telling myself I'll get it organized, but it never seems to get done.  If you're reading this and would ever like to "order" a painting, please e-mail me...that might give me the push I need to get something organized/started.  These are not fancy at all, but I think they're fun to decorate with, and it's a fun hobby for me.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Jamie:
That is so cute! When we are blessed with a baby - I'll be hiring you to do some paintings for the nursery!!!!
P.S. I got your Christmas card today and it is SO cute!

His Doorkeeper said...

This is sooo weird. I was reading your blog and admiring your painting and thinking "when Kelly has a baby I'll get Jamie to do us a painting" and then I come to the comments and lo and behold, Kelly's had the same thought! Your snowman is delightful!

His Doorkeeper said...

P.S. We loved the Christmas card too....the two of them make a great pair! Also Rhett makes a great little model for your paintings!

Sharmin said...

I love your snowman painting. I just took one of Casey pillow shams and made a big piece of artwork for her room. She is finally old enough to part with the Jason Aldean, Keith Urban, and Garry Allan posters.

I got your Christmas card today and it's gorgeous. I don't know if I sent you one, let me know I know I intended to but I didn't write it down and my mind is just. .. .gone. (if you find it send it home)

Oh, Casey and I will be in LR this Friday, we're going to the Rep to see Hello, Dolly!

The Milams said...

I love the snowman. I am so proud of my santa..everytime I see him smiling at me from my wall, I think of you!

I guess I need to get one for every season...the snowman would be a great winter...

Anonymous said...

If anyone could start a successful painting business, it would be you! Just think of the excel spreadsheets!

I think you should go for it. We'll order one! ...and pick it up in 2009?