Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Douglas Fir

As of yesterday, I'd convinced myself not to bother with doing a second tree as I'd planned back before the holiday rush began. I'd been to Hobby Lobby, Garden Ridge and Wal-Mart and couldn't decide on an artificial tree that I liked well enough to buy--they're expensive--so I'd decided I'd just get an earlier start worrying with it next year. Then I was talking my friend Ali on the phone and she called me "Grinch" and told me that she'd go with me to just pick out a real, cut tree and help me decorate it! Well, I didn't want to make her do that, but she did give me the push I needed to go ahead and get a tree for downstairs. So I went to Home Depot last night after the kids went to bed and chose a Douglas Fir ($24) that smells wonderful! (It brought back memories of my first Christmas out of college when I lived alone in an apartment. I went to Home Depot after work (1999), and they helped me fit the tree inside my Tahoe. It was so exciting to decorate my own apartment that year!) The picture is really dark, but here I am in front of the house last night with the tree on top of the Tahoe. I added the lights and fun "sticks" to the top last night so that it would be ready for R to help me add ornaments today. He loved standing on his stool finding a place for each ornament. He'd ask about each one, and I'd tell him about where it came from, etc.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tree! I know Rhett & Alexee are enjoying it so much!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you decided to get a real tree..we love going to pick one out each year. In WA, we went to farms where you cut your own..to bad Brooks was to little to experience that. It is very pretty!!
~HDB

Kelly said...

Your trees look really pretty - I'm sure your whole house looks beautiful! You have the best taste!