Saturday, December 1, 2007

In preparation for spring

I don't have much of my Christmas shopping done at all...I should have tried to tackle some of that today...but instead, R and I planted tulip bulbs in the front flower bed. This is a picture of some of them in bloom last spring. Since I thought we might move, I dug them all up after they bloomed and stored them in a bag for re-planting at this house. I get so excited every year when I see the first piece of green popping up through the dirt! I wish I could remember what variety these are--I'd buy a ton more--they have a huge bloom and they're the prettiest color! This was a lot more fun that fighting the crazed Christmas shoppers today.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it hard to go shopping with kids? I never knew...but now I do! I think I'm going to make a ton of gifts this year. At least I can do that at home at night after Schäfer goes to sleep.