Friday, December 14, 2007

Gingerbread Cookie Party

This morning we had our playgroup over for a cookie decorating party. We ordered pizza and I made cinnamon-sugar cupcakes. Everyone brought candy, icing or sprinkles to use for the project--it looked like the game Candy Land in our dining room. There were eight bigger kids to decorate cookies plus four babies & seven moms! My sister and a college/Bible study friend are two of the moms...the other four I met through the Pokeno group that a former neighbor invited me to join in summer '04. They have become some of my dearest friends, and I'm very thankful for them! All of their kids are special to me too...they are such a sweet (and cute!) group of little guys & girls.

Here are some pictures from the fun day: Gingerbread cookies in the making. I used a recipe from a Kids' Williams -Sonoma cookbook. R gave each of his friends a clay gingerbread man ornament. We placed them at each child's place at the decorating table.Here are the cinnamon sugar cupcakes--quick & easy thing to make: bake one yellow cake mix (cupcakes), then dip in melted butter and roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture (I don't really measure any of that). I think they're best warm.Stacy, Logan & Madelyn decorating cookies. Madelyn's outfit was so cute.
Olivia in a really cute Christmas dress.
The kids got bored with cookies and decided to go play...so the moms stepped up to the table to show their decorating skills.
Rhett taking pictures of his buddies.
Alexee liked to tackle the other babies--this is her cousin, Jeryn.
Alexee also liked to flirt with the older guys. Morgan, Lawson & Logan are going for a ride in the popular box toy.
Here are some of the kids working hard to create the perfect cookie!

My sister sent me this one of Jaiden...parties are fun but tiring! She's holding her bag of Christmas candy from Logan on their drive home! :)

7 comments:

Heather said...

Looked like so much fun..maybe we can join you next year!! So glad the cookbook came in handy.

Kelly said...

This looks like so much fun! You have so many cute ideas! Those cupcakes sounds so good - I think I will make them for breakfast when my in-laws are here! :-)
I love Alexee trying to play with the big boys! :-)

His Doorkeeper said...

What a fun idea and looks like you all had a great time...however, I love the picture of Jaiden asleep on the way home. I'd like to have seen a picture of you.....bet you were worn out too!!

The Milams said...

So sad to see these pics! It looks like it was fun as always! Maybe I need to introduce this idea to my buddies in TX.

The Milams said...

AND, I can just taste those cinnamon cupcakes....I think I ate 4 or 5 last year!

Anonymous said...

We had such a great time! Thanks for all the planning and preparation, Jamie.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet party! We made gingerbread houses today from scratch. It was fun!