Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back to the routine

It seems like things have been busy lately with activities and going out of town, etc. It has all be very fun, but today was nice because it was a slower-paced day. We did try to go to Jump Zone this morning, but only stayed about 45 minutes because there were two van-loads of bigger kids that were too rough with the smaller kids. We left there and had a sandwich with Lane at Heavenly Ham, then came home for the remainder of the day. We built an indoor tent, a playhouse, did puzzles and played blocks, I caught up on laundry and ironing, etc. We don't have any big plans for the weekend ahead, which I'm happy about. Lane starts back to school on Monday, so the craziness begins again...we'll take a deep breath and look forward to Christmas break! (I really don't wish time away...the kids are growing too fast. Even though things feel a lot more hectic when L's in school, I don't want to wish for graduation day because that means R will be 7 and A will be 4...even with the challenges of having small children, I love things the way they are now!)
I love bath time with Alexee. She's so cute in her towel, and I love to put lotion and PJs on her and comb her hair at night. She looks so fresh and clean and snuggly!
She thinks the powder is funny and gets a little wild with it sometimes!

No pictures of Rhett at bathtime. He's a full-time shower-taker now and doesn't like ANY help at all in the bathroom anymore. :( He was sitting on the toilet (naked) in Mom & Dad's bathroom last weekend when Mom and I walked in and he yelled, "Don't look at me!!". Mom and I went back out to the bedroom and laughed and laughed. He could have asked calmly and politely, but it was just so funny that we couldn't keep from laughing. We gave him his privacy and he did just fine. These little steps toward independence...they sneak up on ya!

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

I love Alexee's little wet hair. That is too funny about Rhett yelling at y'all for privacy. Oh, he seems so small to be a full time shower man!

Heather said...

Shiloh looks so cute with the pink towel on her head!!