Last week I received a very exciting phone call from my best friend from home, Darcy. She was calling to tell me that she and her husband and two girls are moving to "my" town!!! Darcy and I became friends the first day of Kindergarten and were best friends all the way through high school graduation. I hate to say it, but when we went our separate ways for college, we didn't stay in touch on a regular basis and 13 years somehow slipped by. When we did get a chance to visit, it was always easy to pick right back up as if no time had passed. The same was true today when she and the girls came over to spend the afternoon. Her husband is in the process of a job transfer here, so they came with him this week. It was my first time to meet her girls, and they are so cute and sweet! Rhett and Hudson Lee are 2 months apart and Alexee and Bostyn are 3 months apart, so they played great together and Darcy and I enjoyed catching up. It was so neat (and a little strange) to see our kids playing together--I don't feel like we should be old enough to have 4 year olds! Now that our kids can play together, it makes three generations of friendship between our families because my Mom and D's Mom were also friends in school!
(Something crazy is going on with the formatting here, and I can't seem to fix it??)





I couldn't resist including some of these funny old pictures of us in high school--I have a billion! (These are pictures of pictures in an album, so they have a glare.) I think the first one was taken at Student Council Camp--too cool! :) The second is from our junior year homecoming ceremony. Check out those puffy sleeves on my dress--they take up half the photo!
I look forward to reconnecting with a special friend and to getting to know her sweet family!




8 comments:
Oh I'm so excited that you and Darcy will get to live near each other again!!!!
And i didn't realize your kids were so close in age! How neat! That will make for fun play dates! There is nothing better than an old friend who has known you forever!
What a neat story. I can't believe how close in age your kids are! How fun!I love the photos from high school!
killer photos!
So much fun..I am really happy that you will get to pick up with D and start spending time together again. I'll want to see her next time I'm up for a visit. Such cute little girls!!
You have no shame!!! Thanks for sharing your version of early 90's fashion tips.
I'm just wondering, will you led Darcy cut your hair again? LOL
How fun! Darcy is as cute as ever. She looks more like her Mom now, doesn't she? I'm SO glad I've been able to keep up with my two best HS friends.
That's hilarious that that picture was from student council bc when I looked at it I automatically thought of you two in student council, then when I read on, it really was!! I owuld love to see Darcy and her kids! I'm surprised you two didn't write up a play and force your kids to be in the cast while she was there...mgt :)
Post a Comment