Lately R wants to wear these cowboy boots everywhere we go...including swim lessons. So he walked up to the pool wearing brown tropical print swim trunks, a red and blue Niagara Falls t-shirt and these boots. He doesn't like flip-flips because he thinks his feet get dirty while wearing them. He was the only child there toweling off his feet so that he could put his socks and boots back on, but oh well.
Today was his last summer session swim lesson. I'm excited about the improvement he's made over the summer. Here he is doing "popcorns".
I really really cannot believe he's this big.
He's had great teachers all summer long--I'm so thankful for all of them. Bless their hearts for being patient enough to take on a job like this. Mr. Loren has pushed the kids more than some of the other teachers, which I think is great.
Lane's parents were in town today and came by to visit. They went along to see R's swim lesson (and help entertain Alexee--a big job!). Bobba took her for a lap or two around the indoor track. What she really wants is to get in the water with Rhett. Several times during each lesson she goes over to the edge of the pool beside him and waves at him.
Practicing floating on his back:

Grammy, Bobba, Alexee and Rhett:
Tonight, L's parents treated us to dinner at Outback Steakhouse for L's birthday, which is Sunday. (Mary Katherine, he has requested a strawberry pie...I hope I can make it right this time!) Alexee didn't want to sit, as usual, so we went to the car and watched a DVD until Lane called to let me know that the food had arrived. Thanks, Bob & Rose Mary, for coming to visit today and for the great dinner. I know Rhett loved having an audience at swim lesson!
Escape to the Country With Me
9 months ago


4 comments:
You probably remember when Tyler went through his cowboy stage! He always had to dress just like "Garth".
Happy Birthday (Sunday), Lane!
Happy Birthday Lane! So nice of your parents to take you out for dinner! Outback is probably Steve's favorite too!
I remember when Chris had little cowboys boots and he wore them on the wrong feet alot. Funny how you remember things like that! It was only 30 years ago. har har
Happy Birthday Lane...I hope you all have a great holiday/birthday weekend!!
Love the swim pics. I'm very impressed with all R can do.
Happy Birthday Lane! I want to see a picture of the strawberry pie!!!
I love Rhett's cowboy boots. I wish I had some. I've secretly wanted some for a while. Rhett is pioneer of fashion. ha!
Post a Comment