Friday, August 15, 2008

School T-shirts

This morning was open-house at the kids' MDO program. We went by to meet their new teachers and see their classrooms. I haven't bought the school t-shirts before, but I got them each one today. They were excited about them! Alexee cried when I took hers off after this picture. Rhett's teacher asked that we bring a pencil box and a package of crayons next week...that sounds dangerously close to official "school supplies" to me. In my mind, this is still just Mother's-Day-Out...he's no where NEAR school age, right!?

12 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Mother's Day today...college tomorrow! Whew....time flies!

Enjoy....what will you do when they are both in MDO? Clean the house with complete silence? Roam the streets? Shop till you drop?

Have fun!

Jessica said...

Fun shirts! : )

The Milams said...

I agree...I am not wanting to hear anything that resembles real school yet. Just not ready for that!!!

Heather said...

So sweet...

Anonymous said...

I know, where has the time gone. When J got her supply list in the mail I nearly has a nerovus breakdown...Alexee thinks she is every bit as big as Rhett doesn't she?! :) mgt

Jacquie said...

I love hearing your stories! Those children are just too adorable. (Looks like Rhett is used to posing for blog fodder!)

Leigh Ann said...

Right. Hang on to it as long as you can! Repeat after me...this is NOT school, this is NOT school! LOL!

Heidi Zawisza said...

Cute t-shirts!! Oh, and this DOES sound dangerously close to the "real thing"....what's up with that?

Anonymous said...

So cute! I think it is great that they will be going to the same MDO! What are you going to do with yourself??

Anonymous said...

That's what I thought about not ready for school until this morning when I took my youngest (Jackson) to kindergarden and my oldest (Katelyn) to 4th grade. The time has flown by and I wish it would stop!! But I know it doesn't. It's just really alot of different emotions.

The Hickmans said...

What cutie's! I love school t-shirts! I have probably 10 from my old school. :)

pengellylove said...

Just love R's expression in the pic!!!LOL
Mel