Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Beware of dog


Last week Lane took Bogart to the vet because he hurt his back (again--it happened once before in '06). They gave him a steroid shot and sent him home with muscle relaxers. I took him back in to the see the vet today, but the issue was actually just a side-effect of the back medicine, so no real probelm. When the assistant came in to take his temperature, she said, "Now Bogart, don't bite me this time." It surprised me so I asked, "Did he bite you last time!?!?" She said, "Oh, no, he didn't, but it says here in his file that he is a 'biter and a scratcher', so I was just a little concerned that he might try." This was kind-of funny to me because I've only known him to act like a statue at the vet's office because he's always so terrified. I don't think he looks very dangerous in these pictures, do you?

6 comments:

Pigtails & Pearls said...

Don't worry! On my dogs file at the ver it says CAUTION in big red letters. That.....that's embarrasing!

Jacquie said...

I'm scared of dogs... so any dog looks vicious to me!!

His Doorkeeper said...

There is no tellin' what is written on THE BOYS'file at their vet's office! (Unruly comes to mind!)(spoiled might be another word....)

Kelly said...

This made me laugh. And like mom said above - there is NO TELLING What they say about Dawson at the vet and Doggie Day Care. We always wonder what he is doing when he stays for a few days. I would love to be a fly on the wall. ha! I guess it's like how your kids act a lot different sometimes at church or school than they do at home.

The Milams said...

Please get a sign on your door that says "Beware of Dog!" You need to be a responsible pet owner and warn your visitors about your vicious guard dog!

Glad we know that playing ball with him is the way to his heart!

Heather said...

I agree with MK...L needs to make a trip to Lowe's this am & purchase the signs to post on your fence. Seriously, I can't believe they labeled him!!