Wednesday, April 7, 2010

C's 12 month check-up

(I like how he's standing on his toes trying to reach the paper on the table. He loves to crinkle up that paper--it makes a lot of noise which he thinks is funny.)

Just so I have this recorded to look back at:
Crosby had his 1 year check-up this morning. He's doing great--a happy, healthy boy!
Weight: 25 lb. 10 oz. (80th percentile) All three kids have been big babies. Dr. B said noneed to worry or try to change his diet at this point--he should slim down when he starts walking. That was what happened with R & A.
Height: 30" (55%)
Head: 18 7/8" (85%)

He did get a prescription for an allergy medicine to try for a month. He's been coughing lately, and the doctor said that his eyes are slightly puffy. The pollen is floating everywhere right now, so I'm assuming that is what is bothering him.

As we were leaving the clinic, Lane called and said he could meet us for lunch so we went to On the Border. Crosby was so good and so cute at lunch. He was dancing to the music in the restaurant. :) From there C and I made a really fast trip into Hobby Lobby for a few painting supplies then it was time to pick R & A up at school. It was POURING down rain when Alexee got in the car--I could barely see the road driving home. The kids thought it was funny that we couldn't hear each other across the car because of the loud storm. We made a quick stop for half-price-Wednesday cupcakes at a local bakery (luckily the rain had almost stopped by then) and Rhett ran inside to choose a treat for everyone. When Lane got home to stay with the kids, I made another quick trip out to the garden center. It was lightning and pouring rain again at that time, and the wind was blowing. I was a little nervous about being in a greenhouse with the weather conditions, but I was determined to get at least enough plants for my two front flower pots. There were a lot more plant options displayed outside, but I chose to only shop inside due to the bad storm. Maybe I'll get to go back next week. Last weekend Lane raked leaves in the back yard, swept off the deck, cleaned the patio table and bought new cushions for the patio chairs. So now I'm inspired to get some colorful things planted to enjoy this summer.

1 comments:

Sharmin said...

I know what you mean about getting things spruced up. We have lots to do and now have a deadline to get things done. I've got plans to do some little vingnettes with some flat rocks in the front yard. (to cover the ugly blue pipe from the downspouts...we had them bury one to channel it way away from the house so it won't wash out the front yard.)