Thursday, April 29, 2010

Petting Zoo

We made a quick after-school trip to visit my sister yesterday. We wanted to see her and the kids of course, but we also wanted to meet Max. Alexee loved playing with him. I think Rhett loved aggravating him (trying to get him to eat rocks, pulling his tail, etc...typical boy stuff). I like Max's little mouth because it looks like he is smiling all the time. :) Here are a few pictures of us playing outside:


Alexee said, "Hey Momma, make my picture with the goat." I think it's so cute how she posed with her arm around him.
Cousins are great! Rhett and Jaiden are always happy to see each other. Jaiden said she should just skip her school today and go to school with Rhett for the day instead.

One of my favorite picture of the day: Rhett pulling the goat's tail--ha! And Alexee and Jeryn calling the horses.

For fear of us getting bored with a goat, my sister took us over to her friend/neighbor's house where we saw many more animals: a mare and colt, chickens, rabbits, turtles, a frog and baby possums.


It was a really fun trip, and the kids had a blast seeing all the animals. By the time I saw Rhett holding the possum though, I was focused on one thing: getting the kids in the car so I could use the baby wipes and hand-sanitizer on them! (The possum was cute...in his own way...but looked way too much like a rat to me--ha!) The kids usually do dinner then baths, but we reversed that order last night!

Thanks, Mic, for a fun afternoon! We hope to come back soon.

2 comments:

Candy said...

wow, that was a lot of animals to see in one place! how fun! I'm with ya on the hand washing, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the pic! :) I love Alexee's hair, so sweet!

Jacquie said...

The thought that crossed my mind reading this is how blessed you and Micaela are that you live close and can raise your children together. Your families are just precious!!

Love the photo with A and Max!