Last week my Mom sent the kids this cute cookbook in the mail. They were excited about it, and so was I! I have a few other Gooseberry Patch cookbooks, and I think they're all great (I like the illustrations as well as the recipes).
Last Sunday night I had to go to the grocery store (least favorite chore), and I told Rhett to choose something for us to make and mark the page so I could buy the ingredients. I loved finding his marked page. :)
So after school today we made Pink Peppermint & Oreo Parfaits. (I don't really like peppermints, but with enough Oreos you can make anything taste good!) Rhett crushed the cookies and candy canes (yes, leftover from Christmas).
Alexee took a turn.
They liked hanging the candy canes on the side of the parfait glasses.
Rhett snapped one of me pouring in the vanilla pudding/Cool Whip mixture (tinted pink with food coloring).

I was helping Alexee in the other room when Rhett said, "Come here quick and see something!" When I went in the kitchen, this is what he wanted me to see--a bluebird peeking out of our bird house on the back fence!
After the parfaits, we planted the irises that I dug up at my parents' house last weekend. I hope they do well--they're such a pretty flower.
I also planted a mint plant and a cilantro plant in hopes that I will have fresh herbs for Will's Mint Tea and salsa this summer...we'll see!? (It might not be a good sign that the cilantro is drooped over like that?)
Sweet boy!On the way home from school today, R said, "You know what my question was for 'I Wonder Why' time today?"
Me: "No, what?"
R: "I wonder why my dog doesn't wear underwear..." :)
Two banana pepper plants (maybe too much for one pot?)...





3 comments:
Yum...those treats look good! I am so excited for Rhett that a bluebird it enjoying his birdhouse :o)
What a fun treat! I love Rhett's post-it.
fun!!! I'm going to have to find that cookbook, my kids would love that! :)
Post a Comment