The weather was too perfect today to not take advantage of it and go for a stroll. I don't have a double stroller--probably wouldn't be able to push it up these hills even if I did--so we rarely go for walks in the neighborhood any more. It was fun today though. I thought of how many miles I must have put on this stroller with Rhett when he was a baby--I used to go on several walks a day just to get him to go to sleep (and if it was raining, I'd stroll him in circles in the dark garage). Six years later, this is my stroller companion...he enjoyed the ride and never fussed. He watched cars and birds and trees. 
The dogwoods are in bloom right now--it's a pretty time in Arkansas! It will be hot and humid very soon, but today was perfect! Blue skies and a light breeze. My legs were getting tired by the end of our walk. This is the hill coming back to our street. It doesn't seem like much in a vehicle, but it's tough when out of shape and pushing a 25 lb. child in a stroller. :)
When we got back home we sat on the front steps for a while to catch our breath and look at the mail. We were also waiting for Lane to get home for lunch--he had a break between hospital duties today, so he came home for a while to hang out with us!
For the first time ever, Rhett rode the bus home with a friend after school today! He was very excited to get to do that. I was nervous, but I emailed his teacher to ask if she'd please remind him to stay RIGHT with his friend at all times. She wrote back and said not to worry--she'd walk them to the bus herself and everything would be fine! She's wonderful! I also asked Rhett to ask Mrs. Suzanne to call me when he got to her house, and at 2:45 my phone rang! I was happy to hear from her--he was there safely! I picked Alexee up and we came home and started making cookies while Crosby took a nap. Then our neighbor called to invite Alexee over to play with her little girl--A was so happy about that! She loves "Matawie" (Natalie). :)
In between the above events, I worked on cleaning out our office (it still needs work, but I made some progress and hope to finish it up and have Lane hang pictures soon), and I also got caught up on laundry. A family of five results in a lot of laundry--this is just from the weekend! Ironing is on the list for tomorrow...
I woke C up from his nap to go get R at the friend's house while A was playing at the neighbor's. Crosby was still sleepy in this picture (backing out of our driveway).
When I arrived at the friend's house, he and R were climbing the tree in the front yard--you can see them if you look closely:
When we got home we played outside with the neighbors for a while longer. The kids were all hot, hungry and grouchy by the time we came inside. I put the tilapia in the oven and the kids in the tub. They ate a lot tonight--Rhett loves fish--it's one of the few healthy things I can get him to eat. He ate every bite of his, which made me happy! They were all in better moods after dinner. It's been a fun day!
Escape to the Country With Me
9 months ago


1 comments:
Wow, I can't believe Rhett rode the school bus to his friend's house! You are so brave, Jamie :o) Haha! I love all of the sweet pictures today, especially the one of C holding the soccer ball :o)
Post a Comment