After school last Friday we drove to my parents' house for the weekend. I hadn't been there since mid-January, and I was getting homesick! The kids are always ready to go, so we were excited. We stopped by Dad's office when we got into town, then we went to the house and Dad grilled/Mom cooked and my Grandparents joined us for dinner.
Alexee asked Granddad Forrest to color with her. She gave him advice on what colors to use to color the kittens. :)
Saturday morning, Mo made biscuits and chocolate gravy, as promised--yum!
Saturday was full of outdoor fun. Rhett learned to shoot a BB gun.

I think he hit the target on his very first shot.

Reading "Jack and the BeanSTOP", as Alexee calls it. :)
Dad, Rhett and I went to the farm supply store to look for vegetable plants and containers. I got a few plants but no containers...not sure what I'm going to do? Rhett liked looking at the rabbits there (I did too!). He kept trying to open the door to its cage. I just knew it was going to escape and we were going to have to pay for the run-away rabbit. 
After plant shopping, Rhett and Granddad worked on their brush piles while Alexee, Crosby, Mo and I went to see my cousin's sheep/lambs. They were running from us, but it was still fun to look.

We tried to get them to stand still by giving them a few of Crosby's Cheerios...that didn't last long enough though.
Sunday morning before church:

With Mo Nina
Saturday morning, Mo made biscuits and chocolate gravy, as promised--yum!
Saturday was full of outdoor fun. Rhett learned to shoot a BB gun.
I think he hit the target on his very first shot.
Mom and Alexee went to check cows and came back with a lucky 4-leaf clover that they found by the gate. (You have to look closely--it blends in with the pretty green grass. I love April before it gets hot and dry!)
Reading "Jack and the BeanSTOP", as Alexee calls it. :)
Dad, Rhett and I went to the farm supply store to look for vegetable plants and containers. I got a few plants but no containers...not sure what I'm going to do? Rhett liked looking at the rabbits there (I did too!). He kept trying to open the door to its cage. I just knew it was going to escape and we were going to have to pay for the run-away rabbit. 
After plant shopping, Rhett and Granddad worked on their brush piles while Alexee, Crosby, Mo and I went to see my cousin's sheep/lambs. They were running from us, but it was still fun to look.
We tried to get them to stand still by giving them a few of Crosby's Cheerios...that didn't last long enough though.
Sunday morning before church:Alexee liked the irises that matched her dress.


After church the kids took rides on Banner. The weather was actually warmer and sunnier on Sunday than on Saturday, which made it even harder to get in the car and leave. :( As usual, tears were shed. Rhett tried hard to convince me that it wasn't really necessary for him to be at Kindergarten on Monday. :)




Crosby didn't quite feel 100% all weekend (cough and stuffy nose). He had a little bit of fever and had a hard time napping. He still enjoyed being outside though.
Mo showing us how to measure a horse.


She's growing up too fast.

After church the kids took rides on Banner. The weather was actually warmer and sunnier on Sunday than on Saturday, which made it even harder to get in the car and leave. :( As usual, tears were shed. Rhett tried hard to convince me that it wasn't really necessary for him to be at Kindergarten on Monday. :)



Crosby didn't quite feel 100% all weekend (cough and stuffy nose). He had a little bit of fever and had a hard time napping. He still enjoyed being outside though.
Mo showing us how to measure a horse.
Blessed!

Such sweet times!


4 comments:
Looks like a fun, fun weekend. Your parents place is so pretty.
Isn't it pretty outside now?! Maybe this summer, when you come up, I can bring Logan over to play.
Oh it looks like so much fun! Glad you got to get away for a day or two, it is always so fun for the kids (and adults :) too)
I always love hearing about your trips home. The kids always have such a fun time!
It was so good to get to see y'all!
Post a Comment