The kids were excited to find two Easter baskets each on Sunday morning...one from the Easter bunny and one from Grammy and Bobba.
Alexee's pink basket

Rhett's blue basket

Crosby's yellow basket

Cards and baskets from Grammy and Bobba!
(Grammy, Alexee LOVED her pink puppy, Rhett loved Scooby Doo,
and Crosby loved the ball! Thanks!)
and Crosby loved the ball! Thanks!)

There were eggs down the hallway and down the stairs from the kids' rooms. Their baskets were at the top so they could collect eggs on their way to the kitchen for breakfast--they thought this was fun! Rhett was sweet to skip eggs along the way to leave some for Alexee because she was behind him--he even left her the pink and purple ones because those are her favorite colors. :)
Rhett yelling to Alexee with excitement when he saw the goodies! :)
I think she was still half-asleep. ha!
Crosby was cute digging in his basket from his Grandparents. The ball was the first thing he went for.
Very excited about the pink puppy! She carried it around with her all day and slept with it last night. 
So once the baskets were looked in and lots of candy was eaten, it was time to rush around and get ready for 8:00 church service. I knew we'd be pushing it to get there, but we did it. We didn't have a lot of time for pictures though. :( Picture time is always stressful, and yesterday was no exception. But we at least got one family picture (I messed up our purple and white color scheme with my bright green shirt, but I didn't have anything to match!).I tried to get pictures of just the kids, but no one EVER wants to sit still, look at the camera AND smile all at the same time. Oh well...just to prove that I did try, here are some pics of our cute, wiggly kids on a glorious Easter morning!



Here's Alexee running into church.
Here's Rhett holding the door for us. Thanks, R!
Church was wonderful. We sang so many of my favorite songs (like "I Will Rise", Chris Tomlin) and had a great sermon. Lane brought the kids home after service and I stayed to serve in the church cafe. I'd made all our lunch items the night before, so all I had to do was bake the casserole when I got home after church. We had Hot Chicken Salad, rolls (from Old Mill Bread), cucumber salad and pistachio salad (recipe below). I thought it was all yummy! :) For dessert we had meringue tarts (recipe here)--with jelly beans for the kids and fruit for the grown-ups.


"They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus."
Luke 24:2-3
___________________________________
Pistachio Salad
From Heather Boyer
___________________________________
Pistachio Salad
From Heather Boyer
1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
1 (3 oz.) pistachio instant pudding mix
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
Mix pudding according to box directions. Fold in other ingredients and chill overnight.
1 (3 oz.) pistachio instant pudding mix
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
Mix pudding according to box directions. Fold in other ingredients and chill overnight.




4 comments:
R must be THE most thoughtful little boy I know. His wife will thank you one day! =) I love the pic of A half-asleep and then running into church...PRECIOUS! They are really growing, Jamie, and they are all three so beautiful!!! Sounds like you had a perfect Easter celebration!
You are the best mom! I love the eggs on the stair case! And I love the purple and white. They are just precious!!! I'm glad ya'll had a good Easter!
Your kids are all so adorable!!! Glad ya'll had a great Easter! Your menu sounds SO good! :)
How in the world do you get your children to eat a cucumber salad?? I will have to steal your idea with the egg trail - love it! Looks like you guys had a great Easter.
Post a Comment