Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Heather's Visit

My dear friend Heather came to visit us for a few days, and it was a fun time! She came up Monday afternoon and went with me to take Rhett to his swim lesson. We walked the track while he was swimming. It's amazing how much faster exercise time goes when you're with a friend. I'm usually bored at the gym, but it was nice to walk and talk with her. Monday night Lane did the kids' dinner and bath routine so that Heather & I could go out for dinner & a movie! (thanks, L!) We saw The Other Boleyn Girl (sad but a good movie). Tuesday we shopped a little and had lunch at yummy Trio's. We shopped at The Container Store, Francesca's, Crown Shop & Scrapbook Corner. Tuesday after Alexee's nap, we went to get cupcakes at Blue Cake then went to Target. Last night we had a babysitter so that Lane, Heather & I could go to one of all our very favorite restaurants, Bonefish Grill. I had Mahi Mahi that was delicious. The visit did have one unpleasant part: getting in the car yesterday afternoon, smelling something horrible and discovering that the problem was a forgotten sippy cup of milk in the pocket of Rhett's school back-pack (G-R-O-S-S!). It had been in there all during his spring break last week (at least!). I dumped the cup of milk (cottage cheese?) in the trash can in front of Walgreen's (sorry Walgreen's) and put the backpack in a plastic bag that was in the car. When I get the nerve, I'm going to clean out the contents then throw the backpack away. It was chilly yesterday, but we decided to drive with the windows down anyway!

Here are some pictures from the week:

Monday afternoon snack--cinnamon-sugar cupcakes

After R's swim lesson Monday

A's new socks & shoes

Two other purchases: spring purse & shoes

lunch at Trio's

at Trio's

at Blue Cake Company eating a cupcake

Heather & Rhett enjoying a cupcake

Dinner on Tuesday


Thanks again for coming to visit, Heather--it was great to see you! See you in May!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

What a fun visit!!! I'm glad ya'll are getting to see each other more often!!!
That lunch at trio's looks so good and I don't want to even think about Blue Cupcake! :-)

Flo and Grace said...

I know you are glad to have her back in the South. The lunch at Trio's looks fabulous! And you two are always the cutest dressed mommies!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a fun visit!

Heather said...

I had so much fun spending a few days with you. Thanks for your amazing hospitality. Promise next time to bring Brooks with me.