Saturday afternoon we played out in the back yard for a while, and I noticed that R's ears were bright red (see first photo below). I didn't think too much about it, but mentioned it to Lane that evening. (I think Lane thinks I imagine things when it comes to being sick or the kids being sick.) Yesterday (Sun.) morning, Rhett was covered with a bright red rash when he woke up. I didn't know what it was, so I stayed home with him while L & A went to church. We talked about taking him to the after hours clinic, but it actually didn't seem to be bothering him, so we decided to wait. I called first thing this morning and got an early appointment at our pediatric clinic. The doctor said it was an allergic reaction to something (we'll likely never know what he reacted to), and he had to have a steroid shot (which I felt horrible about because he'd asked me if he would have to get a shot today, and I told him that I didn't think so. He was very brave once again though and did not cry). It seemed to help a lot because he already looked a lot better before bed tonight. Lane also gave him medicine for the itching. I'm afraid he's just one to have really sensitive skin. Maybe it's hereditary...I had a crazy reaction to a bug sting not long ago, my Mom had a miserable Christmas one year because she reacted to something in their cut Christmas tree, Mom is also allergic to "cold"--she breaks out in hives sometimes when she's out in cold weather, my Great-Grandmother was constantly having reactions to things that they could never pinpoint, etc.
Sunday morning
Sunday morning--putting pennies in his and Alexee's piggy banks
at the doctor's office this a.m.
His arms almost looked sunburned from the rash.

But other than the itching, he seems to feel fine--here's a big "cheeeese" for the camera. I think it will look a lot better by morning.
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


5 comments:
Bless his little heart! I can identify..I've got the fair/sensitive skin thing goin' on and unfortunately Case does too!
I'm glad R's shot and meds seemed to do the trick.
Poor baby!! I hope he gets better soon- keep us updated...
Glad it was nothing too serious. Now you'll wonder what in the world would make him break out like that!
Jamie, Logan looked exactly like that Monday afternoon. His wasn't an allergic reaction, it was Fith's Disease. It's really contagious in young kids, but not in adults. Logan didn't seem too bothered by it, it didn't slow him down any. I hope Rhett's feeling better now.
Poor baby! I hope it went away quickly.
Post a Comment