Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Big brother the handyman

Here's baby Rhett on the play mat in 2004:
Alexee used this mat, too, then last week I decided to get it out of the closet and see if Crosby was old enough to enjoy it. Of course the batteries were dead in the musical star, but no worries because Crosby's big brother is quite the handyman. He went to the garage and got the right kind of screwdriver, took the back off the star, got a stool and climbed up to the laundry room shelf to get three AAA batteries, replaced them and got the music going for his baby brother. You can see by the sweet smile on C's face that he appreciated it. He liked having Rhett hang out on the play mat with him. R is so sweet to him! It's hard for me to believe that the baby in the first picture is now doing handyman jobs around our house. :) He loves tools and is actually really good at fixing things. Last time we were in Flippin my Dad gave him a tire gauge. When we got home from our trip, he went out to the garage and checked the pressure in all the Tahoe tires for me. :)

I look forward to watching their relationship grow.

5 comments:

Jacquie said...

Oh, how sweet. I'm calling it now... R's going to be an Engineer!

Kristy said...

I just love this! So sweet!

On the Eastern Journey said...

Schäfer would like for Rhett to come over and put batteries in his Orbit Thomas train. Hubs is starting to limit the number of batteries Orbit Thomas can have.

His Doorkeeper said...

Rhett is something! I'm with Jacquie....an engineer in the making!! Love that last picture of them together!
So sweet!

Leigh Ann said...

EG had that mat! It is the best!