I thank the Lord for these blessings:




(is there anything sweeter than watching a baby sleep?)
It has been one of those weeks where it seems like everywhere I turn I hear more sad news. My heart is heavy for several families, so I'd like to share a few prayer requests:--A young guy named Kent and his family--life altering motorcycle accident
--The family of another young man (I do not know his name) who took his own life last week just before his deployment. He was a friend of my cousin, who is also about to deploy (please pray for his safety as well).
--A family friend, David, as he serves/ministers overseas (I'm not sure where he is stationed?). Three men that he knew were killed in some sort of explosion this week. Please pray for David's ministry--that he will be able to share the GOOD news of Christ, even in very harsh circumstances.
--Debbie (who cuts my hair) and her family--her elderly father has been in the hospital for 19 days and they do not expect him to recover. I had a haircut appt. today, and she was trying to be strong, but I know this has to be a difficult time. She said her mother is not doing well at all--her parents have been married for an amazing 59 years!
All of these things have made me appreciate my time with my family even more this week. They have served as a reminder not to assume things will be the same tomorrow...every day is a gift. I liked what Kelly said about living in a fallen world in the last paragraph of her post here.
I think God has placed this song on my heart as an encouragement. I've always loved the words, but they've been especially powerful to me as I've heard bad news lately:
God sent His Son - they called Him Jesus,
He came to love, heal and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.
Chorus:
Because He lives I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives.
How sweet to hold a newborn baby
And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance:
This child can face uncertain days because Christ lives.
And then one day I'll cross the river,
I'll fight life's final war with pain;
And then, as death gives way to victory,
I'll see the lights of glory - and I'll know He lives.


5 comments:
I, too, love that song. I love the "because I know-ow-ow He holds the fu-ture!" I sing it loud and proud.
BTW...you NEED to print & frame those ice creams pics. SO precious!
These ice cream pics are sooo great! I love the one of Rhett!
I agree that it seems every time we turn around some saddness hits somebody we know and care about. It makes you incredibly grateful for all the good that God is at work at in our lives!
One of my favorite songs!! (I always sing it like we did at church camp one time... "Because I know He holds MY future..."
David is on my prayer list, too, as well as Zach.
And you ARE blessed with those three babies! Love the ice cream photos.
Great post. I have weeks like that and one in particular when I was so disheartened about trying to raise kids in a world like this. Dad reminded me of this very song, and that Bill Gaither wrote it with similar concerns in mind when his son was born I guess? I never knew that. Love the black and white photos and Crosby is so sweet! :)
I love all of the new pics too. So good to catch up last night!! Thanks for being such a good listener and supportive friend.
Post a Comment